Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Low FPS on New Macbook Pro
CrashTestDummy
Unregistered

Not Solved Super Low FPS on New Macbook Pro
Greetings,

I'm attempting to play SOMA on my Macbook Pro. I'm on a 13'' Macbook Pro Retina (early 2015 - latest model...). I have a 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB. Game's installed via Steam on a SSD.

The FPS is so low that it's unplayable. I'd estimate I'm getting maybe 2-3 FPS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game (via Steam), with no obvious impact.

Can anyone suggest proper settings to make the game playable? I know my MBP is no gaming machine, but it seems it's within minimum specs.

(06-07-2016, 03:09 PM)CrashTestDummy Wrote: Greetings,

I'm attempting to play SOMA on my Macbook Pro. I'm on a 13'' Macbook Pro Retina (early 2015 - latest model...). I have a 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB. Game's installed via Steam on a SSD.

The FPS is so low that it's unplayable. I'd estimate I'm getting maybe 2-3 FPS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game (via Steam), with no obvious impact.

Can anyone suggest proper settings to make the game playable? I know my MBP is no gaming machine, but it seems it's within minimum specs.
I should add that I've turned the render quality to low and shadows off.
06-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Super Low FPS on New Macbook Pro
Intel graphic cards aren't supported by the game, as it should say in the system requirements. Not sure if this can be fixed.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2016, 08:35 PM by Mudbill.)
06-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.