Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia only worked twice and would freeze upon exit
anontux Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia only worked twice and would freeze upon exit

I'm using mint 8 32 bit with an ati card. I have propriety drivers installed. I installed amnesia into my home folder home/user/amnesia. The game would start if I went menu/games and clicked Amnesia but would always freeze when I tried to save and exit, the screen would go totally black and I would manually have to turn my computer off. After a couple restarts nothing would happen when I clicked the icon.
It would successfully start if I ran the Launcher.bin file in terminal. Then the same thing would happen. Freeze on exit and now it won't even start using terminal. When I try to run ./Launcher.bin it just gives me info about my graphics card. I tried installing the game in a different folder and it still wont start. Please bare with me. I'm fairly new to Linux. Also, I installed the update and there is nothing at all in the log file. Any ideas?
10-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia only worked twice and would freeze upon exit

try reinstalling the ATI drivers.. it seems like they are somehow not working correctly.

Also please paste the output when you try and run launcher.bin and send your launcher.log and hpl.log files from your /home/user/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/ folder.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Website Find
anontux Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia only worked twice and would freeze upon exit

(10-05-2010, 01:17 AM)Urkle Wrote: try reinstalling the ATI drivers.. it seems like they are somehow not working correctly.

Also please paste the output when you try and run launcher.bin and send your launcher.log and hpl.log files from your /home/user/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/ folder.

I tried reinstalling the ati drivers. Didn't seem to do anything. This is the output from ./Launcher.bin

Pre-Sort
quadro fx
geforce fx
geforce gt
geforce gts
geforce gt2s
geforce gtx
geforce xpress
geforce
mobile intel® series express chipset family
graphics media accelerator
radeon
radeon hd
amd
mesa
Post-Sort
mobile intel® series express chipset family
graphics media accelerator
quadro fx
geforce fx
geforce gt
geforce gts
geforce gt2s
geforce gtx
geforce xpress
radeon hd
geforce
radeon
amd
mesa

launcher.log was completely empty and wouldn't let me upload.
10-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Find
anontux Offline

Can someone please help with this? Any ideas on how to get Amnesia working would be greatly appreciated.
10-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

In your home there is a hidden .frictionalgames/ folder, navigate down into it and delete the main_settings.cfg file to restore the default settings and see how that goes.

You can also try to update the game to 1.0.1 if you have not done so already.
10-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Website Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

Check the file permissions on your ~/.frictionalgames folder by running this

ls -lR ~/.frictionalgames
and paste the output here.

Also, do you have any other OpenGL game on your system that you can run to see if it works?

And can you paste the output of
glxinfo

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Website Find
anontux Offline

UPDATE: I was having some serious issues with Mint 8. I upgraded to 9, reinstalled Amnesia and so far it is working great. Hopefully everything continues to run smoothly.
10-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Find