Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwater Level Designer Needed
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
Underwater Level Designer Needed

I have been working on my mod, currently named Project Geminus, for a couple months now with about 2 "unique" maps quarter done (script and mapping needed) and 3 repeating maps (scripting and light mapping needed). I am planning to have atleast 3-4 more interior maps which will require a great deal of time from me. Therefore, I need a helping hand creating underwater levels, atleast 2 (maybe 3 at a stretch).

You will be free to design the underwater maps as long as they are designed within the given frame e.g. maze or plateau. You are also required to do light scripting tasks such as setting up sound or light changes. The planned maps are as follows:

1. SOMA inspired - start out from a maintenance-type airlock, such as the one at Omicron, and end near a loading facility (with an airlock). Loading facility as in storage/receiving facility. You are free to add vegetation, fauna, cliffs etc. As stated earlier, you will be given a lot of freedom. Low enemy presence is acceptable, such as the first underwater UH you find in SOMA (No Akers or Leviathans).

2. Underwater Cave - start from a large airlock, like Theta, your design or I'll frankenstein mine in place, ends at a powerplant facility with a maintenance airlock. This will a totally enclosed underwater cave, ceiling and everything i.e. total darkness apart from man-made lights. That's the frame. High enemy presence is acceptable. Landscape design is up to you.

Some of you in this forum know who I am but anyway. I have previously designed 4 custom stories for A:TDD, 1 of which I'm proud of, 1 that has a game breaking glitch right at the ending and 2 that I would like to forget. The one that I'm proud of (A Christmas Hunt) took too long to make in my opinion but the end result was succesful and it has 3(?) playthroughs on YT. So what am I trying to say? I take a lot of time to make things, procrastination because of work or university, but I usually finish what I start. As a result, there is no time limit at the moment concerning these 2 maps.

If you have any questions feel free to post them in comments below.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
06-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Find