Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Scared timid man plays Amnesia
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Scared timid man plays Amnesia

(10-25-2010, 11:07 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote:
(10-07-2010, 05:04 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: I am not a fan of horror games, I hate being scared, and I don't know how people find joy in being terrified.

(10-25-2010, 02:25 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: Right now I am finishing up Nightmare House 2 and then might go for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories or Condemned.

???

Did Amnesia convert you post-haste?

I decided that, after Amnesia, I want to make my channel into a channel of one man's journey to man'dom. I figure that, the more horror I am exposed to, the more sturdy and hard my testicles shall become!

So, I shall start with a plethora of horror games that I come across; and maybe a few horror movie reaction videos too.

And I do think I'll be giving the Penumbra series a go soon enough! I played Overture for about half an hour, but I just had no manhood to utilize and finish it. I'll give it a proper continuation soon enough!
10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Find
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11

(10-25-2010, 11:39 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I decided that, after Amnesia, I want to make my channel into a channel of one man's journey to man'dom. I figure that, the more horror I am exposed to, the more sturdy and hard my testicles shall become!

So, I shall start with a plethora of horror games that I come across; and maybe a few horror movie reaction videos too.

And I do think I'll be giving the Penumbra series a go soon enough! I played Overture for about half an hour, but I just had no manhood to utilize and finish it. I'll give it a proper continuation soon enough!

You know, I have been scared as shit to play Penumbra. Like you, I started Overture, but stopped as soon as the little doggy crashed through the barricaded door to play.
Then, I tried Black Plague. I stopped as soon as the infected guy crashed through the locked door to play.
I never played them again.
Then, I finished Amnesia and could literally feel my manliness becoming harder by accomplishing that. I still couldn't get over myself to start playing Overture or BP again, but you gave me inspiration!
I hope you don't mind, but I shall start a LP of Overture, dedicated to you! So instead of being scared shitless, you can laugh at me being scared shitless. I already got a LP of the Tech Demo on my Channel (DaChekah400 (don't laugh. thanks. xD)), but it's in German. Nevertheless, I got a few good scares in it.
So yeah, I can't wait for you to finish Nightmare House 2, and I'm also looking forward to a potential Penumbra LP.
Now, if you excuse me, I'll go cry a little. Penumbra scares the shit out of me just when I think about it.
10-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

(10-25-2010, 11:56 PM)ThePaSch Wrote:
(10-25-2010, 11:39 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I decided that, after Amnesia, I want to make my channel into a channel of one man's journey to man'dom. I figure that, the more horror I am exposed to, the more sturdy and hard my testicles shall become!

You know, I have been scared as shit to play Penumbra. Like you, I started Overture, but stopped as soon as the little doggy crashed through the barricaded door to play.
Then, I tried Black Plague. I stopped as soon as the infected guy crashed through the locked door to play.
I never played them again.
Then, I finished Amnesia and could literally feel my manliness becoming harder by accomplishing that. I still couldn't get over myself to start playing Overture or BP again, but you gave me inspiration!
I hope you don't mind, but I shall start a LP of Overture, dedicated to you! So instead of being scared shitless, you can laugh at me being scared shitless. I already got a LP of the Tech Demo on my Channel (DaChekah400 (don't laugh. thanks. xD)), but it's in German. Nevertheless, I got a few good scares in it.
So yeah, I can't wait for you to finish Nightmare House 2, and I'm also looking forward to a potential Penumbra LP.
Now, if you excuse me, I'll go cry a little. Penumbra scares the shit out of me just when I think about it.

Oddly enough, I actually have seen a video of yours! I never saw the Penumbra tech demo and I saw your video so I gave it a view through (even though I couldn't understand the German, a scream is the same in any language!)

But thank you for that! Go for it good man! You must never forget: Balls of steel! I look forward to giving your Overture LP a lookthrough after I finish it myself! (I wouldn't want to spoil myself out of knowing the scares that'll happen, you see!)
10-26-2010, 12:23 AM
Find
ThePaSch Offline

Thanks for the encouraging! Smile
One quick question; what recording tool do you use?
I use Fraps, and it went well with the Tech Demo. I just tried recording Overture with it, and it first went quite smoothly, but then started lagging like hell, out of nowhere. Same with Black Plague.
Maybe you use something else and I could give that a try.
10-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

(10-26-2010, 12:46 AM)ThePaSch Wrote: Thanks for the encouraging! Smile
One quick question; what recording tool do you use?
I use Fraps, and it went well with the Tech Demo. I just tried recording Overture with it, and it first went quite smoothly, but then started lagging like hell, out of nowhere. Same with Black Plague.
Maybe you use something else and I could give that a try.

I use Fraps as well and so far haven't had any issues.

Have you made sure you had disk space while you were recording? That may or may not be a reason as to why it is suddenly giving you trouble, but I am sure you're already aware of how much space Fraps footage takes on the hard drive.

Aside from that I am not sure what the problem could be. I hope it all works out!
10-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Find
ThePaSch Offline

(10-26-2010, 01:03 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: Have you made sure you had disk space while you were recording?

Yup, I cleaned my hard drive recently just so I could record for a longer time.
Well, I'm going to see what I can do.
10-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Cry, you are absolutely hilarious, and love your lets-plays, hearing that you danced to backstreet boys in a tuxedo made laugh so hard.Big Grin
BTW, why haven't you played Penumbra Requiem..? Huh

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
03-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Find