Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38
RE: Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)

How about 1.5 Confused , How much brightness are you using Huh
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2010, 11:37 AM by waqas12346.)
12-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Website Find
Vincent Offline

Threads: 7

(12-04-2010, 11:36 AM)waqas12346 Wrote: How about 1.5 Confused , How much brightness are you using Huh

Mine is just on 1, 'cus my first map was pretty lit up.
Try switching between 1-1.5, don't go higher I highly suggest, or it'll pretty much screw your video up.

[Image: 14014353645647cc447974.gif]
12-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Find
Jonekone9433 Offline

Threads: 0

Great atmosphere, right from the start. Perhaps it need some clues, cause my carpet founding was totally random. Closet monster made me tremble like hell. Keep up the good work Big Grin
12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

All i can say that this mod is great. 3 maps is a good start for someone who never knew how to use the editor in the first place. Been stuck on the first map until I moved a chair, then accidentally dropped it, and the carpet moved like a sliding trapdoor. It was then I found the way out! But the monster in the hallway, it was just a hallucination, and I want to do a hallucination too. But don't know how.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
12-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Website Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(12-06-2010, 01:38 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: All i can say that this mod is great. 3 maps is a good start for someone who never knew how to use the editor in the first place. Been stuck on the first map until I moved a chair, then accidentally dropped it, and the carpet moved like a sliding trapdoor. It was then I found the way out! But the monster in the hallway, it was just a hallucination, and I want to do a hallucination too. But don't know how.

When you create the enemy, click on it and there should be a couple of menu's at the right hand side, click on entity and then move down till you see a box with text saying hillucination, then tick the box.
12-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks LoneWolf. I began to make my own mini mod. I'll tell about it more. It is a puzzle and something else combo thingy. Still WIP.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
12-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Website Find
SillySprites Offline

Threads: 5

Hey! I have played a little ways into your map and I must say that this has to be my favorite out of all the other maps, and here's why:

1: It has a Unique and captivating setting and story.

2: It has me too scared to finish (Not hard to do but also means its scary good)

3: I just love everything, especially the hallucination in the one hallway, I screamed.

4: I reaaally want to find out why the villagers went into life underground.

I hope you finish soon! Love your map!
12-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10

(10-13-2010, 05:15 AM)Penguinmaster Wrote: Story

Lighting

Prop placement

Agreeing with everything here, and adding a few things that weren't mentioned.

Story:

As said above, it's entirely inconsistent, and what bothered me the most was the character's amazing ability to interpret symbols he would never have seen before. I'm not saying the puzzle isn't good, I'm saying it makes no sense, please rethink it.

Living Quarters: Yet again agreeing with everything here too, additionally the monster, sure it's scary at first that you can hear him constantly moaning and groaning, but it gets irritating fast. The best horror is when something takes you by surprise. In your level you walk in and hear him groaning, but after about a minute you realize he's nowhere to be found. Yet he just will not shut up. Better yet, there's absolutely no indication of what you're even supposed to be doing. You pick up a lock picking sewing needle, in an effort to, for some unexplained reason, find, and release the monster.

When you find him, and he jumps out at you, it's very scary, I'll give you that, I jumped. It would have been scarier if it was a little more surprising, rather than totally expected as soon as you enter the living quarters. Additionally, every player will run the opposite direction as fast as he can, so you're directing players away from the next objective, which is...

The combination for calling upon divine power and I assume, banishing the monster? Why is this note, in the same closet you let him out of? It makes no sense at all.

So to reiterate, the issue here is that you've not only diverted players away from the objective, and probably left them too scared to come back, which then in turn makes them run around the rest of the living quarters desperately trying to find what they're supposed to do next. Before they finally come back to find the monster has vanished into thin air (this also makes no sense, even in the game's story monster's walked away, and they would have had the insanity excuse to explain vanishing. This doesn't have that.

The caves:

The rocks are very boxy, so are paths and everything in a straight line, and every transition is neatly placed on a 90 degree angle from one another. Very unnatural, please rework this. The doors in the caves, are somehow jammed into rocks, but function perfectly fine? Change this, add some sort of architecture so that you can put a proper door frame in, as they stand they shouldn't function at all.

The Church:

A lot of the walls are misaligned with each other creating gaps between modular level pieces. There is an unexplained light at the back of the top floor, which I thought was an indication of a secret trapdoor, and kept hopeless searching around for, until I found the proper one (You might want to call a lot more attention to this tbh, it's not as obvious as it should be). The chairs also bothered me, most of them were nicely laid out, and after 100+ years, in perfect condition.

Additionally, in the intro there's a spelling mistake, nothing major, just thought I'd point that out.

Now onto what I liked. The backstory is pretty interesting, despite the issues mentioned above, and the monster sounds coming from the closets is clever too, but please tone them down, a lot, and don't make it come out of open closets that you can clearly see are unoccupied.

Keep at it, I'd like to see where you take it as you improve.

E: Almost forgot, please include screenshots, a summary, and any relevant information in your first post from now on, if only for organization's sake.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2010, 09:46 PM by Sel.)
12-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

That was a great custom story!,made me and my friend scream XD
02-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Find
K1lLZONE Offline

Threads: 0

awesome map but why are all those doors lockeeeeeeeeeeeed i cant find any keys :<
02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Find