Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have libjack installed & if the server doesn't run...
torturedutopian Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago If you have libjack installed & if the server doesn't run...

Hi everyone !

I just noticed something : when installing a zynaddsubfx fork via the software center (or whatever it's named) called yoshimi, the jack audio server was automatically installed.

Then I noticed it prevented Amnesia to run, because, although the server was installed it was not running (I don't know how it works, seems complicated and I don't need it, it needs realtime priority etc...), Amnesia (portaudio ?) refused to run because it couldn't access the jack server.

Removing jack fixed it, but it may be useful to known !

Ubuntu 10.10 64 bits
10-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Find
torturedutopian Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: If you have libjack installed & if the server doesn't run...

Well, I don't really know what happened.

It's not related it seems actually.

Indeed, when forcing the remove of jack, amnesia worked again. But it broke my system because libjack is required by many packages.

So I had to install it again so the game was again non functional.

However, I uninstalled - reinstalled version 1.0 and I don't know why, Amnesia offered me to restore default settings --> it made it work, even after updating to 1.0.1.

Well... Dunno. Maybe it was trying to use portaudio which itself tried to use jack ? Now it used Pulseaudio.

Really, I don't know. There was definitely something wrong, which made Amnesia segfault when the jack server was not started...

Works again Wink

Ubuntu 10.10 64 bits
10-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Find
Joseph Curwen Offline

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: If you have libjack installed & if the server doesn't run...

Look if you have installed QJackCtl, its a GUI for controlling the jack server. Its quite easy to get it running, even without real time priority. You have to play with the settings a bit to see what is the highest possible settings your pc can deal with. When you started jack and it does not crash you have found them ;-). Hope that works for you.
10-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

Changing the configured order of audio devices in the ~/.alsoftrc would also get around this issue. This purely has to do with OpenAL and is unfortunately out of Amnesia's control.

drivers = pulse,alsa

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Website Find