Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need help with a few scripts
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43
Need help with a few scripts

Sorry if any of these have been addressed but im lazy and cant be bothered searching.

1) I need a script to make my character go through a waking up sequence like in the beginning of the actual game.

2) A script for activating a sound when entering an area, i have an idea hwo to do this but unsure about some things and how to set it out.

3) I have no idea how to make notes and messages appear on the screen when playign through the game and interacting with things. EG. when i try to open a door when its locked i want text to come on the screen saying 'Damn the doors locked, i wonder where the key it', as this will help drive players to their goal and help players understand what there doing also. (Note: i saw a recent thread about showing messages when interacting with a door or entering a script area but its not very clear to me, to so you know.)

Another eg. picking up notes like in the game, how do i set the text which comes up onscreen.

Please tell me the script for each and give an example and explain how i will place it and set it out, so i dont need to constantly tell you things dont work. Thanks for reading, again sorry if this has been addressed if it has leave a link to the thread and tell me which number this addresses.

Thanks!
10-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Find
ide Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Need help with a few scripts

2) http://amnesia.treesoft.dk/tutorials/Tutorial2.wmv
3) http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...light=note
10-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Thanks for the fast reply exactly what im lookign for Big Grin

Still need an answer on how to make text appear when click on a door for example.
10-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

Won't help you because you can't be bothered searching.

10-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

(10-09-2010, 08:31 PM)Pandemoneus Wrote: Won't help you because you can't be bothered searching.

Next time dont bother replying with fail posts.
10-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Eh, the waking up sequence is also exactly what I need. Except I don't know where to find it or how to combine it with my other scripts.

10-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

There has already been a full tutorial posted for the sequence, use the search function.

10-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Anything on hwo to make text appear when interactign with a lock door once and when hearign certain noices.

I'm looking for the effect of my character thinkign to himself.
10-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

I think

void SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback(string& asName, string& asCallback, bool abRemoveOnInteraction);

and

void SetMessage(string &asTextCategory, string &asTextEntry, float afTime);

are what you're looking for.

About the noise.. well, I think you should include SetMessage() in the function that causes the noise..

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
10-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

(10-10-2010, 12:57 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: I think

void SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback(string& asName, string& asCallback, bool abRemoveOnInteraction);

and

void SetMessage(string &asTextCategory, string &asTextEntry, float afTime);

are what you're looking for.

About the noise.. well, I think you should include SetMessage() in the function that causes the noise..

Thanks but could i get an example of what to write in them. This is what i struggle with. EG. where i insert my text and where i add name of object interacted with
10-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Find