Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn Devs: Mac/Linux tools fund?
Rogue Offline

Threads: 2
Attn Devs: Mac/Linux tools fund?

I have this incredibly thought-consuming idea (seriously, it's all I think about some days) to make a custom Amnesia story in the Cradle, from Thief 3. Unfortunately I run Linux, so It's still just an idea.

So I've been thinking...

What about having some sort of fund to support the ports of the Mac/Linux toolset? I would imagine it couldn't be too hard, since the editors are based on the actual HPL2 engine, but I also understand that the tools are free and therefore little would be gained from making the port.

I'd be happy to kick in some extra money to get the project going. Heck, I'd even commit to a monthly/weekly subscription type thing. Anyone else?
10-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Find
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Attn Devs: Mac/Linux tools fund?

I wouldnt, since im a bit biased (PC user :p), however, i can imagine if i had a Mac or Linux id be slightly depressed by not having access to this brilliant editor, so ill support the concept of porting it to some degree
10-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Attn Devs: Mac/Linux tools fund?

I already have ideas I've formulated in my head for custom maps; if the editor were ported to Macintosh, I'd be thrilled to contribute to the modding community. Big Grin

10-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Find