Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running the editor and game concurrently crashes both?
mastersmith98 Offline

Threads: 3
Running the editor and game concurrently crashes both?

When I started working with Amnesia I was able to run the editor and the game side by side, this made testing out maps a lot less painless. But now for some reason when I start either the game or the editor first, then start the game or the editor after it, the one started afterwards crashes. I haven't made any changes to my computer or anything significant since this problem started happening so I'm not entirely sure why this is happening.

At first they crash with the "Renderer #0 could not be initialized" error and then black box comes up with a crash log.

I've also made sure to close down all background programs baring steam, since amnesia has to launch from it.

Does anyone know of a possible fix for this?

Join the Amnesia Modders group on Moddb!
10-14-2010, 05:33 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Running the editor and game concurrently crashes both?

(10-14-2010, 05:33 AM)mastersmith98 Wrote: At first they crash with the "Renderer #0 could not be initialized" error and then black box comes up with a crash log.

Post that crash log please.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
10-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Find
Entih Offline

Threads: 4

That is not a common occurrence as far as I know, and I have no problems of the sort myself. Post the log for the editor/game's crashing, but in the mean time, I will cover the universal solution. I will assume you have tried a computer restart?
10-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Find
mastersmith98 Offline

Threads: 3

I got it back up and running after deleting the config files and restarting twice. It's strange that it started working the second time.

Join the Amnesia Modders group on Moddb!
10-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Find