Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSAO WARNING!!!
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago SSAO WARNING!!!

First off, I would like top say that Amnesia has replaced Penumbra as my favorite game of all time. Now to the topic at hand. SSAO filtering. I have a high end PC, so I naturally set all my games to max settings because...well...I can. So I set SSAO to like 124 samples. I got good frame rates, but not good enough. I hovered around 20-30. I turned SSAO samples down to 32 and suddenly I'm running 60 FPS like a dream. So what I have posted this thread for is as a warning, to people with poor frame rates. I have tons of friends who had the same problem as I did and I really want to let people know. Because SSAO is new tech, so even new hardware can choke up a little with it. Even if I help only one person by posting this, I'll be happy! Tongue
10-17-2010, 02:32 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: SSAO WARNING!!!

And you can find tons of topics/posts about turning off or at least setting low SSAO.

10-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

I'm sure, but there are tons of people who don't know. Every post means more people get informed. I've spoken to people who thought that SSAO was some old as bones tech. So clearly the message needs to get out somehow.
10-17-2010, 04:10 AM
Website Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Can someone post a 2 pics of the same scene of SSAO to LOW and 1 pic of SSAO to MAX , cuz i can"T see a f*ckin different Sad

on games like Red faction Guerilla i could see clearly difference in selfshadows of objects etc , but here it"S imo non-existent ...

I"m waiting for proof ? Wink
10-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

I notice little to no difference...going from 126 samples to none...but i set it to 32 just in case! Tongue
10-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Website Find