Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM WITH Amnesia Hill and Mental Memorial. Overall TC mods.
Garwinn Offline

Threads: 1
PROBLEM WITH Amnesia Hill and Mental Memorial. Overall TC mods.

HI. I have a problem with running those two mods. As custom stories works fine, those two total coversions doesnt work (didnt try other TC's). I copied files from the archive to main folder of the game in Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent
and then tried to run .bat file. Black window pop up for a second, then disappear and nothing happens. Tried on two different computers. What am i doing wrong? Please Help!
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2016, 12:00 PM by Garwinn.)
07-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: PROBLEM WITH Amnesia Hill and Mental Memorial. Overall TC mods.

You might need to move the .bat file to the main Amnesia folder, if it isn't there already.

Otherwise, if you right click the .bat file and Edit it, add "pause" without the quotes, on a new line at the bottom. This will make it stay open instead of close immediately, so you can see the error.

07-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(07-10-2016, 03:51 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You might need to move the .bat file to the main Amnesia folder, if it isn't there already.

Otherwise, if you right click the .bat file and Edit it, add "pause" without the quotes, on a new line at the bottom. This will make it stay open instead of close immediately, so you can see the error.

Slap me across the face with a fish if I am wrong, but shouldn't OP actually be setting launch options in Steam if they're running a full conversion mod through the Steam folder? Or am I confusing myself?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2016, 04:28 PM by Romulator.)
07-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Well, if the .bat file is flashing, it's a different error, but I guess yeah. Since that Steam bug, it might not work to use the .bat file anyway.

If that's the case, you must copy some of the content of that .bat file into your Steam launch options. The .bat file will contain something similar to

Launcher.exe modname/config/main_init.cfg

You must copy that line EXCEPT the Launcher.exe part. Paste that text into the launch options by right clicking Amnesia in Steam > Properties > Set Launch Options.

07-11-2016, 06:58 AM
Find
Garwinn Offline

Threads: 1

(07-11-2016, 06:58 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Well, if the .bat file is flashing, it's a different error, but I guess yeah. Since that Steam bug, it might not work to use the .bat file anyway.

If that's the case, you must copy some of the content of that .bat file into your Steam launch options. The .bat file will contain something similar to

Launcher.exe modname/config/main_init.cfg

You must copy that line EXCEPT the Launcher.exe part. Paste that text into the launch options by right clicking Amnesia in Steam > Properties > Set Launch Options.

Unfortunately, this didnt work. Well... you were partially right about the launch options. I found my answer here -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=722029017
If someone has the same problem check this tutorial. Basically Steam and Amnesia 1.3 screwed TC mods a little. Anyway, thank you Smile
07-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

That error should give something like a "Cound not load main_init.cfg file" error message after starting. The flashing black box is the command prompt, and since it just closes it probably meant it didn't find the Launcher.exe.

Basically I suspect the issue here was both of these; the config and the .bat file. But yeah, glad you got it working!

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 06:25 PM by Mudbill.)
07-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Find