Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LookAt head wiggle?
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
LookAt head wiggle?

This has annoyed me since I started CS development years ago, but it's only now become a big problem because I'm trying to time an intro sequence with some music. There's a really annoying head "wiggle" that happens at the end of any remotely fast lookat command. Normally I just make my look at slower but I'm trying to fade in and out of various areas for an intro and the wiggle is forcing me to leave 2-3 seconds of black screen between each transition until they camera chills out. Is there any way to make the player look at something quickly without that wiggle at the end? I've been able to alleviate it a bit by making sure my start areas I port to are in the direction I'll be looking, but it still happens a little and makes the intro look really goofy.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: LookAt head wiggle?

You might be able to cheese it slightly using a LookAtCallback in combination with this.
PHP Code: (Select All)
void SetPlayerLookSpeedMul(0.0f); 

Untested, though. The smaller the thing you're looking at, the more precisely you'll look at something, and will apply the multiplier as late as possible. It can also be a bit of a pain, since, in the sequences of events you're suggesting, you may need to reset the look speed multiplier to 1 shortly after.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 06:18 PM by Romulator.)
07-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

I just did a quick test run by throwing it into one of the more problematic transitions and it worked perfectly. I'll still need to give like a .3 or so black screen between transitions but that's much better than what I was doing before.

07-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Glad I could help and glad you're working on something! Looking forward to hearing more Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Thanks. I've actually been working on it for about 2 years but I had to take long breaks for personal reasons. It's nearing completion and should be ready within the month (later if I get voice actors but I don't know if I'll bother with that)

07-13-2016, 12:05 PM
Find