Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Assets (Models)
Mekose Offline

Threads: 1
Custom Assets (Models)

A friend and I are currently working on a project in the Amnesia editor. He is attending Pixel Blue and is using Maya to create models, whilst I create the textures. He created some custom models and exported them as .dae then I created a diffuse map (512x512) and normal map (256x256) in Gimp and exported them as .dds. I opened the textures in the material editor, created the .mat file and put the files in the proper folders/naming conventions. But the model viewer crashes when I try to load the custom model I'm trying to get to work. Can anyone give me a quick tutorial as to how to implement the models in the editor please? It would be very much appreciated.

Amnesia > models > (directory) > Rockwall >
Rockwall.dae
Rockwall.mat
Rockwall.dds
Rockwall_nrm.dds
Rockwall.msh
10-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Find
Penguinmaster Offline

RE: Custom Assets (Models)

I'm the friend working with him, and just as an added comment, the mesh was not textured in Maya (It's Maya 2011 if that's of any relevance to anyone), it just has the default lambert assigned to it.
10-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Find
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11

You have to texture the model in maya before exporting. Add a diffuse material in maya, the name of the texture you add it will be the name of the material of amnesia.

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
10-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Find
Penguinmaster Offline

Damn, my 3d modeling course hasn't covered how to texture yet. I have done uv mapping in Blender though, so hopefully it's the same process more or less
10-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Find
Mekose Offline

(10-19-2010, 05:34 PM)Neurological Wrote: You have to texture the model in maya before exporting. Add a diffuse material in maya, the name of the texture you add it will be the name of the material of amnesia.

Thank you Neuro, we really appreciate the help. Now it's just a matter of learning texture mapping in Maya. This is becoming a very beneficial learning experience for both of us. With Amnesia's great community hopefully this mod will come to fruition.
10-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Find