Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
[REL] "My Love" -- ver. 1.0
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: [WIP] "My Love" -- Artist needed! Inquire within!

Oh! I had no idea the thread had been bumped! I was actually going to do it myself just now! I suppose the smart thing to do would be to re-initiate email notifications... Big Grin

Well then...I guess we just had a little...

Thread Necromancy!

I'm just letting you guys know that progress is being made. Everyone on the team has been busting their asses recording their lines, and coordinating the dialog to make it sound as fluid as possible. Things are turning out really well on this front, so you can expect some very quality lines from all involved.

The mod has officially reached "Beta" status, as well. It's being tested (Internally, for now.), for glitches and flaws, and the majority of the scripting (not-including the dialog) has been completed.

Also, "My Love" has recruited a very talented artist by name of Joshua Guillaume, who will be doing some of the artwork for the loading screens and the splash page. (Expect some unlockable goodies when you beat the game Wink ).

Last, but certainly not least, there is now a TEASER TRAILER release! It shows off some screenshots, and gives you a quick sample of the recorded dialog. It's all taken out-of-context, so don't expect too many spoilers. If, however, you wish to play this mod with a clean slate, I would recommend NOT clicking the links.

Check it out here!
ModDB
YouTube

10-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: [WIP] "My Love" -- Internal Beta-Testing

Hurray for vague trailers!

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

Threads: 2

(10-20-2010, 05:00 AM)graykin Wrote:
My Love
A Custom Story by Joe Tuttle

"I just wanted happiness. I just wanted a normal life, with no restrictions, with no one telling me what I have to do.

"It wasn't my choice at all. Yet, it was. When I look back at those times, the times that brought me joy and incredible sorrow, are now the center of life. Why can't I get over it? My love may be gone, but my love will never die."

Take part in a young man's exploration of his own perception, as he sifts through the memories of a troubled time. Experience the memories that uplifted him, and the memories that sent him crashing down to the earth.

Spoiler below!
[Image: beta1.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: beta2.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: beta3.jpg]
Sorry for the low resolution pictures...I am having issues taking screenshots in Amnesia

With all of the custom stories available, what makes this one special? Nothing at all, really. I consider this work to be a personal experiment in storytelling and level design. With the inclusion of several talented, amateur voice actors, the story will come to life, and will hopefully make the experience engaging.

This is not a horror mod. There will be no monsters to escape, no real or imagined threats of a premature demise. It is a storytelling experiment, plain and simple.

Follow this Custom Story at ModDB! http://www.moddb.com/mods/my-love

I will still be reading this thread and replying to requests/queries/voice acting tryouts/etc., but the bulk of the updates will be occurring here!

UPDATED: 10/03/11

TEASER TRAILER released!!!!! Check it out either at ModDB or YouTube !

Check for more details on the update on the first post of the Fifth page (I am currently too lazy to copy and paste... ha!)

CHARACTERS:
Mary Lisner: Rigi
Mrs. Lisner: ???
Mrs. Krentin: MK
Martha Harrison: zeravia

Samuel Krentin/Narrator: Cryaotic
Mr. Krentin: Xss
Servant: Obliviator27
Ill be mrs. lisner. What accecent does she need. Im 15 with a high pitched voice so i much prove my worthyness!
10-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Find
graykin Offline

(10-03-2011, 11:22 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: Ill be mrs. lisner. What accecent does she need. Im 15 with a high pitched voice so i much prove my worthyness!
Thank you for your offer, but I'm currently working with a few people for the part.

If things change, however, I shall let you know. Smile

10-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

Threads: 2

(10-04-2011, 06:04 PM)graykin Wrote:
(10-03-2011, 11:22 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: Ill be mrs. lisner. What accecent does she need. Im 15 with a high pitched voice so i much prove my worthyness!
Thank you for your offer, but I'm currently working with a few people for the part.

If things change, however, I shall let you know. Smile
Why thank you good sir Tongue Tongue
10-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Find
graykin Offline

*BUMP*

It can now be played from start to finish.

Big Grin

Things are looking pretty damn good.

10-25-2011, 06:48 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Hope things are still looking good mister Graykin!

Looking forward to seeing how things worked out in the end.

11-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Last time I heard he was still waiting for some voices: from what I understood some actors actually walked away from the project :/
I'm quite impatient about seeing the final result myself! ^^

11-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Find
graykin Offline

(11-26-2011, 08:44 PM)Xss Wrote: Last time I heard he was still waiting for some voices: from what I understood some actors actually walked away from the project :/
I'm quite impatient about seeing the final result myself! ^^
There was some miscommunication, but progress has resumed. If things continue to progress as they are now, I predict a release around Christmas time (this is unofficial, though).

Hopefully, "My Love" will be a worthy present for the community! Big Grin

11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: [WIP] "My Love" -- VOICE ACTORS NEEDED

(07-29-2011, 11:31 PM)graykin Wrote: I've written down your email, but I would recommend removing it ASAP!

I'll get in touch with you in a couple of days when I get things really pulled together, and when I get a few more offers for help. If you'd be so kind as to give me a sample of your work by reading the Test Lines on the first page, that'd be much appreciated. You can send the .wav files through PM, or if you have a place to upload them, I can check 'em out there. Smile
never really got that email xD
12-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Find