Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is it normal for Amnesia to have FPS drops?
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
Is it normal for Amnesia to have FPS drops?

Despite my PC being more than capable of playing the latest games smoothly in Amnesia I always experience fps drops, in both TDD and AMFP, and in a lot of custom stories. I have a Intel 4690K CPU overclocked to 4.6ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and was using a nVidia GTX 670 GPU. A more than capable setup right?

I just upgraded the GPU to a GTX 1070 Overclocked edition and Amnesia STILL has FPS drops. This is a GPU that can handle almost anything on ultra maxed out at 1080p yet struggles with Amneisa? I dont understand it, can anyone explain this madness?

07-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Is it normal for Amnesia to have FPS drops?

How common are said FPS drops? Are they when events of scripting occurs or are they consistent across a map? Hiccups are relatively common due to Amnesia not actually preloading assets, though there are options for preloading particles and sounds. It does make brief momentary pauses at various times when scripting occurs to execute it.

Checking out Problem B3 here might help if you want to alter a few settings.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-15-2016, 10:12 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
RE: Is it normal for Amnesia to have FPS drops?

(07-15-2016, 10:12 AM)Romulator Wrote: How common are said FPS drops? Are they when events of scripting occurs or are they consistent across a map? Hiccups are relatively common due to Amnesia not actually preloading assets, though there are options for preloading particles and sounds. It does make brief momentary pauses at various times when scripting occurs to execute it.

Checking out Problem B3 here might help if you want to alter a few settings.

It seems quite random to me, if I just keep walking around in one room every now and then it will hitch. In my CS I always preload sounds and particles but it doesnt seem to stop this happening.

07-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Find