Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.

Don't completely give up hope. I was searching this forum yesterday and it is clear that the vast majority of people experiencing problems are using ATI cards (myself included).

Penumbra also had problems with ATI, although this was eventually patched. Hopefully Frictional will do the same for Amnesia.

I'm sorry you're suffering like me, I can only recommend that you get another (non ATI) card (which I think I may do), or I could suggest that you try disabling full screen. For some reason this seems to fix my problems, although it's hard to be immersed when you have a clear blue sky in the background, and having to continually close pop-up's asking if you want to update your anti-virus databases is a real mood killer.
10-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

The game is lucky it has addicting features, otherwise i would have lost hope and lost the game by now. Anyway, i found something news and im trying it out soon. Expect a new report soon about my progress.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

(10-23-2010, 03:30 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: The game is lucky it has addicting features, otherwise i would have lost hope and lost the game by now.

Same with me.

It's this kind of stuff which forces me to prefer consoles over pc, as at least whenever I buy a console game I can be certain that it will work.

Still, FG are only a small team so it's impossible for them to test compatibility with every single card.

Good luck trying to get Amnesia to work, and let's pray for an ATI hotfix.
10-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Tried out the idea I had, but it didn't work. I can't believe it at all. I run Penumbra games fine, but this... Tried out the drivers i was told, but nothing. Still crashing, but this time i had a black screen only. SO i could move, but couldn't see anything. But I could shut down the game easily. Im feeling disappointed
Also, the HPL log shows some weird stuff like something that doesn't exist anymore, it more like the lighting, but there is no problem with that. So I don't get it at all.

And Urrah, when you find something that may work and make Amnesia work flawlessly without black screen or crashing, you could be a little kind to help me along. Im loosing my luck along with hope. So, the future may not be pretty.
I would get myself an NON ATI card, but that would happen in May 40 because money is all gone now. No way to get enough money. Plus, the computer resists only ATI cards. It crashes at first with a NON ATI card.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2010, 09:07 AM by Robby.)
10-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

(10-24-2010, 08:40 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Also, the HPL log shows some weird stuff like something that doesn't exist anymore, it more like the lighting

I get these errors as well.

(10-24-2010, 08:40 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: And Urrah, when you find something that may work and make Amnesia work flawlessly without black screen or crashing, you could be a little kind to help me along. Im loosing my luck along with hope. So, the future may not be pretty.

Sure thing, but I think we're going to need a patch. The only thing I haven't tried yet is using the Omega drivers. The troubleshooting thread only recommends this for pre-ATI X cards, but I'll give it a shot sometime over the next fortnight (I'm pretty busy with uni at the moment).

(10-24-2010, 08:40 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I would get myself an NON ATI card, but that would happen in May 40 because money is all gone now. No way to get enough money. Plus, the computer resists only ATI cards. It crashes at first with a NON ATI card.

That sucks about not being able to get a new card. A lot of the unfixable problems actually seem to be with the newer ATI cards, I guess you could try one of the older ones if you can get the money.

I'm sorry I can only sympathise with you, I'm feeling your frustration as well (I've spent the last few nights trying to fix Amnesia instead of studying for a test I've got tomorrow). If I somehow get it working properly I'll let you know.
10-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

How about reinstalling the game?

10-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

I don't know about Nemet Robert, but I've tried that and it did nothing.
10-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Here's quote from Thomas:

(09-04-2010, 12:38 AM)Thomas Wrote: 3. Bad cache.
It might be a that one of the cache files are busted. Uninstall game, then reinstall and see if that helps.

4. Install latest patch
See Problem A.8 for download link!

5. Turn off post effects.
Go to options->graphics->advanced and here you can turn on/off all of the different effects in the game. Try turning all off and see if that helps. If the freeze only happens at a certain place (Picking up third diary in Archives has been reported) then it might work to turn them back on after the specific event.

6. Turn off SSAO.
Turn off SSAO in the launcher and see if that helps. It is known that some cards can freeze when rendering SSAO, meaning the game would get stuck after the first logos and text (when menu is supposed to show).

10-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

YAY! I fixed the problem by myself! Took me a couple of hours to figure it out. But still, my problems with this game are not 100% away yet. Still getting black screens, but they don't do anything. I just press esc and the monitor gets back, but when I go back into gameplay, the black screen appears again. Fixing already. Im not crashing anymore.

FIX: Omega Drivers. Latest Version. In order for it to work properly, you need to uninstall your current ATI driver and everything that belongs to it. Then install Omega Drivers. YOu may need to change monitor settings later on.
I will be testing a lot of solutions today. Like 17 of them. This will take some time. Expect a new report.
DANG! The crashing problem came back! How the hell is this crash coming back!?!? It just won't go away. None of the solutions could work after crashing happens, but I will keep trying.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2010, 02:15 PM by Robby.)
10-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

So close, you had me excited there for a minute.

Keep at it, I'm sure your hard work won't go unrewarded. I guess I should definately test the Omega driver as well.
10-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Find