Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Music Theme Replacement Mod [Made it, see OP]
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
Monster Music Theme Replacement Mod [Made it, see OP]

Hey, I was wondering if someone could make a mod that replaces some of the monster themes with the unused themes found the SOMA's files. For example, replacing the Flesher's and Aker's chase themes with their unused counterparts.

If whoever wants to do this does this, you can go further than just the monster themes, if you want add in the other themes that were unused like SOMA's unused theme song and do a overhaul of replacing the game's music assets with the unused material.

I don't know how to mod the game myself, so just putting this suggestion out there if anyone is interested. (Or maybe if it's as simple as overwriting .ogg files in the music folder with the unused themes, then I could do that myself if it's possible but I don't think this is the case with SOMA.)

EDIT:
Okay, I made the mod. No one else has to do this now. Tongue
Here it is on the steam workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=734647753

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM by Macgyverthehero.)
07-27-2016, 06:54 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Monster Music Theme Replacement Mod [Suggestion]

Have you had a look in the Model's User Defined Variables? There may be some things you can toy around with in there. Amnesia had some themes which played when a monster was nearby or in various search modes, yet were often toned down due to the terror meter sound effect.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

You need to make an add-on mod. This will replace anything that is in the files with the main game as long as it has the same directory path(s).

Then you need to make a custom_depth folder inside a scripts folder. This is where you edit the monster's music for their ambiance, search and hunt themes.

Then you need to make an NPC file inside a music file. Copy whatever you need into the NPC file. You only need to put in the files that you want to put into the mod, SOMA fills in the blanks of absent asset's with the main game's assets.

Open up the agent_flesher.hps file in 'custom_depth' and go to the very top. It should have a directory for the music and its volume. Edit this to your will.

After that, make sure you have the folders put into the resources.cfg file and that should hopefully help you in making the damn thing. Tongue
07-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

(07-27-2016, 01:16 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: You need to make an add-on mod. This will replace anything that is in the files with the main game as long as it has the same directory path(s).

Then you need to make a custom_depth folder inside a scripts folder. This is where you edit the monster's music for their ambiance, search and hunt themes.

Then you need to make an NPC file inside a music file. Copy whatever you need into the NPC file. You only need to put in the files that you want to put into the mod, SOMA fills in the blanks of absent asset's with the main game's assets.

Open up the agent_flesher.hps file in 'custom_depth' and go to the very top. It should have a directory for the music and its volume. Edit this to your will.

After that, make sure you have the folders put into the resources.cfg file and that should hopefully help you in making the damn thing. Tongue

Really you could just do step 1 and call it good. Make an add-on mod that replaces the default music files with the desired ones.
07-27-2016, 08:30 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Okay, so I went to the dev wiki on how to make a mod and decided to do a test where I replaced the menu theme with Soma_Theme.ogg.

It was successful. Big Grin

Thanks for the tip guys. I'm gonna try to work on the monster themes, now that I know the basics of making a mod.

EDIT: I uploaded the test mod I made to the Steam Workshop, if anyone wants to try it out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=732872706

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016, 05:32 AM by Macgyverthehero.)
07-28-2016, 04:33 AM
Find