Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Importing Custom Entities
elmstfreddie Offline

Threads: 1
Importing Custom Entities

Alright, so, I made a custom entity using the model editor, and all I'm wondering is how to import it into my map.

Currently, I have all my map data in the amnesia dir/maps/MyMaps/[map name]/whatever.map simply so that I can run dev mode (I made my own folder in the maps dir so my stuff doesn't get mixed up with the game stuff)

I read another thread about modifying a LevelEditor.cfg file, which... for some reason doesn't exist, and, also I'm concerned about how others will be able to make use of my model (if I were to edit it, would it try to find the model in maps/MyMaps/ etc? Or would it be magical and find it lol)

PS: The model editor wiki really needs to have a section on actually importing it >.> Making it is pretty intuitive Wink
10-24-2010, 03:10 AM
Find
SLi78 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Importing Custom Entities

(10-24-2010, 03:10 AM)elmstfreddie Wrote: Alright, so, I made a custom entity using the model editor, and all I'm wondering is how to import it into my map.

Currently, I have all my map data in the amnesia dir/maps/MyMaps/[map name]/whatever.map simply so that I can run dev mode (I made my own folder in the maps dir so my stuff doesn't get mixed up with the game stuff)

I read another thread about modifying a LevelEditor.cfg file, which... for some reason doesn't exist, and, also I'm concerned about how others will be able to make use of my model (if I were to edit it, would it try to find the model in maps/MyMaps/ etc? Or would it be magical and find it lol)

PS: The model editor wiki really needs to have a section on actually importing it >.> Making it is pretty intuitive Wink

You should place your entity in the entities directory in on of the given directories

for example ...\redits\entities\special\"ownentitie"\ownentitie.ent

now you can pick up your entitie

that should work
10-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Find
elmstfreddie Offline

Threads: 1

cool, thanks, but where will I put it if I were to pack up the map and send it to a friend? Would they have to extract my entity into their main dir?
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Find
SLi78 Offline

Threads: 6

(10-24-2010, 06:48 PM)elmstfreddie Wrote: cool, thanks, but where will I put it if I were to pack up the map and send it to a friend? Would they have to extract my entity into their main dir?

Well, i don't know any other way as to copy the entitie

... but possible someone else knows a better way
10-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Find