Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved, I'm dumb] Can't move mouse after map change
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
[Solved, I'm dumb] Can't move mouse after map change

I'm having a really odd issue I've never had before. I launch into my CS from the beginning, play through the intro level, it loads an opening credits level, and after that plays out it loads the next level. In this level I suddenly can't turn using the mouse. I can still move around with WSAD and if I position myself in front of an object I can still use left/right click to interact/throw. Everything is fine if I reload the map with the F1 menu, and it works fine if I change my custom story settings to skip the previous two levels and launch right into this one.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016, 07:07 AM by DeAngelo.)
07-28-2016, 06:27 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Can't move mouse after map change

Has your look speed multiplier been set to 0.0 at some point in the previous map or in the current maps' OnStart(); and not reset to 1.0? That would be my first guess~

And even if it hasn't, might not be a bad idea to set it to 1.0 in that map's OnEnter();, since that would eliminate that error if it's the cause~

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016, 07:05 AM by Romulator.)
07-28-2016, 07:03 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Can't move mouse after map change

lol you posted just as I was about to update it. I did have the speed set to 0 at a point during the intro and just forgot about it (It's an elaborate intro with like 1,000 lines of code...)

I basically figured out the problem by moving my map change back a few lines, testing, then repeating until it no longer messed up.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-28-2016, 07:06 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: [Solved, I'm dumb] Can't move mouse after map change

Haha, it's alright. Things like this happen, and it's often the littlest thing we overlook Smile

Closing!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-28-2016, 07:17 AM
Find