Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status of Frictional Games tech support
Caterpillar Offline

Threads: 27
Solved: 7 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago Status of Frictional Games tech support

I am writing to you to ask you about the status of Frictional Games support for Linux. I am writing here hoping that FG developers will read this topic, since the Linux subsection has a low users traffic.

On 29th June I have bought Soma on Steam for Linux, and since it has never worked, the same day I have opened thread https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-50574.html
But till today,.I had no official support for my problem.
So does Frictional Games officially support Linux version of their games? Given that they make Linux version of them, they should support them.

Thank you
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 01:08 PM by Caterpillar.)
08-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Find
AaronKOG Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 0
Solved: 7 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Status of Frictional Games tech support

Sorry for the lack of response. I'll take some time to try and sort this out for you. Looking at your log now we are detecting alsa drivers, but not picking them for some reason. This should be fixable. I'll update you when a fix is submitted.
09-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Find
AaronKOG Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 0
Solved: 7 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Status of Frictional Games tech support

Sorry for the delay. Check out the [public_beta] beta for the game for a potential fix to fmod setup failing. You can switch to the beta from Soma->Properties->Beta tab. If you still have issues please post the output (~/.local/share/frictionalgames/Soma/Main/hpl.log).
09-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Find
Caterpillar Offline

Threads: 27

Yes I posted it there
12-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Find