Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezing at Third Diary
MrFord Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Freezing at Third Diary

So I picked this up today, and so far it's a consistent problem. Right at the cutscene that occurs as Daniels finds the third diary it simply stays at a black screen and does nothing. I can still hear background sound and I can still exit out of the game perfectly fine.

I've tried setting the visuals to the lowest possible settings, turning off all post effects, uninstalling a reinstalling my video drivers...everything and always the same result. To my knowledge Amnesia has read/write access as I run it as an Admin.

My specs are, but the game runs decent up until that point (other than some framerate lag and mouse lag):

-Win 7 32-bit
-Pentium 4 3.00GHz
-1GB RAM
-Radeon HD 2400 Pro AGP

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I was very excited to play this. I'd hate to have to uninstall it as it comes highly recommended.

Thanks
10-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Freezing at Third Diary

this is a very rare bug that we have not been able to figure out. The known solution is to load a save game before you entered the archives and try again.

Hope that helps!
10-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Find
MrFord Offline

(10-29-2010, 08:34 AM)Thomas Wrote: this is a very rare bug that we have not been able to figure out. The known solution is to load a save game before you entered the archives and try again.

Hope that helps!

I actually did try that. I tried both going back to the big hall autosave, and tried again...didn't work. Then I erased my profile, made a new one, and started a new game...and it happened again!

Hopefully, there's a solution because so far the game is awesome!
10-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Find
RazTK Offline

Maybe you can post your save here so that they'll try to reproduce it on their end.
10-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Try turning off refraction and stuff like that too. I think that might have solved it for someone. Also try in a different resolution (1024x768).

If it happens this regularly (even when starting over) then I guess it might be related to your system and settings.
10-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Find