Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about cross platform purchase
tekdemo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Questions about cross platform purchase

I'm really excited to play this, but I'm a cross platform user. I use Linux as my primary desktop OS, and I'm really excited to have proper Linux games like Minecraft and Amnesia that I can play without rebooting to Windows, which I reserve solely for games.

That said, here's my specifc questions and issues:
  • I tried running the Linux demo, which gave an error of : [Unexpected ) on line 136: Expecting "then"]. This kinda dashes some hope that the game will run flawlessly on my system*.
  • If I buy the Linux version, will I still be able to install and update the Windows versions?
  • Steam is amazing, and having a sale. I really like having the automatic update, and ease of re-installs, as I hate keeping track of CD keys.
  • Is there any way of downloading and installing a Linux version after making a Steam purchase?

I tried finding the solutions to this, but I couldn't find what download/activation/rights management was enacted, nor if it was account based like Blizzard or Steam.

Anyway, thanks so much for making a Linux game, and I hope you keep supporting us in the future. It means a lot to us free software advocates.

*system: Phenom 2 X4 @3.4Ghz, Nvidia 8800GTS, Asus M4A79XTD-EVO, running Kubuntu 10.10 64 bit (Kubuntu is a Ubuntu derivitive, using KDE instead of Gnome)
10-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Questions about cross platform purchase

Purchasing amnesia from our store includes windows, linux and mac and they can be downloaded and installed without any DRM or such. If you buy on Steam you get Windows and Mac, as they do not support Linux. Should they support Linux in the future, then we will most likely add the Linux version as well as we did with the Mac version when they started support Mac.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM by jens.)
10-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Website Find