Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox One wireless controller problem
thomawa
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 7 Months, 4 Weeks ago Xbox One wireless controller problem
The right trigger on my controller does not respond, which means I'm not able to interact with objects. All other controls are working with the gamepad, and I am able to use the mouse alongside the gamepad to interact, but obviously I'd prefer to be able to use only my gamepad.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers for my gamepad, as well as reinstalling the game. I have no other issues with any other games, so this is definitely a problem specific to SOMA.

Trying to find a solution to the problem, I've scoured the net for solutions, including this forum and the Steam forum, but to no avail. I did read that there have been issues with the Xbox One controller connected to the most recent Windows 10 update, which also updated the XInput driver.

My relevant system info is that I'm running Windows 10, and I have a Steam copy of the game. My hardware specs are far beyond the minimum requirements for the game, so there shouldn't be any issues there, nor are there as I mentioned with any of the other dozens of games on my computer.

Hope somebody has a solution to this. Is it, for instance, possible to go into the config files to manually map the gamepad buttons? I've tried tweaking the keyboard and mouse buttons in game to see if that would help, but it didn't. The only config file I've found for user keys is the default_user_keys.cfg, where the only entry in the document is <Keybinds/>.
08-11-2016, 09:16 PM
thomawa
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 7 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: Xbox One wireless controller problem
Finally figured my problems out. The issue was to do with a faulty Xinput HID driver, and what fixed the problem for me was updating my actual gamepad by connecting it with a USB cable and using the Xbox Accessories app in Windows 10. It is not enough just trying to update the drivers without plugging in the gamepad (I have the wireless one). Not the most intuitive process by any means, but this problem seems to be Microsoft's fault, not this game's.
08-16-2016, 05:11 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 7 Years, 7 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: Xbox One wireless controller problem
Closing this because you've posted a solution and have since moved the issue onto this thread: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-52367.html

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
08-16-2016, 06:10 AM
Find