Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: It would be a good idea to rescue good old titles through remakes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I believe that "frictional games" can recreate good old games.
20.00%
3 20.00%
no, I'm looking forward to new titles.
80.00%
12 80.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New ideas for big games.
Not275 Offline

Threads: 1
New ideas for big games.

First it is impossible not to acknowledge the great work that the whole team Frictional Games has done with great horror games (which really scared), I feel compelled to thank you for the opportunity to play games that good and really show us we have not seen anything of what we expect in the gaming world, I can only say that your work is something I will always disclose they are true masterpieces.

But although I have seen a lot and showed us that you are always willing to work with effort and surprise us with better games, I would ask something of you in the frictional, I would be happy if you just think about the possibility.

I would ask for a remake of the game (Waxworks), which basically played a game for some time and although the former is a great horror game that unfortunately with the huge demand for technology has become obsolete and extremely difficult to run on modern platforms, but it is still a great game and that in the hands of you could come to life in modern times and become more of a great game that I'm proud to play.

I acknowledge that I am just a player among the thousands who are in the forum or playing games horror of "frictional Games", but this is a request from a fan of horror games that saw the opportunity to see their favorite games come to life and make great games in the hands of true masters who are the team of frictional games. thank you very much for everything you did to resurrect this category of games that seemed long forgotten. a fan and a humble player but recognizing when something really good is done. Wink

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waxworks_%2...eo_game%29

Source:
http://www.myabandonware.com/game/waxworks-1ku
10-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: New ideas for big games.

It may be an ancient game by videogame standards, but it's only been 18 years and that's very young by copyright/IP law. The copyright would still be held by Horrorsoft, which became Adventure Soft or Atari, which bought out publisher Accolade. The cost of developing for an existing IP is not trivial and definitely not worth it compared to just making their own world.

Creating a spiritual successor is still (remotely) possible, with enough similarities but all the names changed.
10-31-2010, 06:43 AM
Find