Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why wasn't Catherine on the ARK already?
THX1138 Offline

Threads: 7
Why wasn't Catherine on the ARK already?

She had had plenty of time to upload herself and was even ready to launch it before she got hit in the head with a wrench.
08-26-2016, 04:37 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Why wasn't Catherine on the ARK already?

That is true. But the Catherine in the Omnitool wouldn't know if she was already uploaded since she seemed to be a very early scan of her (since she didn't already know what was happening in the other stations). I would say that because of this, she's most likely uploaded twice, meaning there are two copies of her online.

08-26-2016, 06:54 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(08-26-2016, 06:54 PM)Mudbill Wrote: That is true. But the Catherine in the Omnitool wouldn't know if she was already uploaded since she seemed to be a very early scan of her (since she didn't already know what was happening in the other stations). I would say that because of this, she's most likely uploaded twice, meaning there are two copies of her online.

Or the latest one overwrote the other.
08-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

That could be but I'd say it's more likely she was duped. Obviously we don't know how the Ark was programmed, but since it's made to support multiple people, and every time a person does a scan that scan is unique, most likely the Ark will treat two different copies of the same person as two different people.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016, 08:53 PM by Mudbill.)
08-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

(08-26-2016, 08:53 PM)Mudbill Wrote: That could be but I'd say it's more likely she was duped. Obviously we don't know how the Ark was programmed, but since it's made to support multiple people, and every time a person does a scan that scan is unique, most likely the Ark will treat two different copies of the same person as two different people.

If there were two Catherines then how could the Catherine that Simon-3 meets knows him and literally embraces him with open arms?
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 12:36 PM by A.M Team.)
08-27-2016, 12:36 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Because that is the copy of Catherine that traveled with Simon-3. The other copy of Catherine (the one that doesn't know of Simon at all) is probably located elsewhere, like the big city in the background. It could be a coincidence, or it is simply because all uploaded copies spawn in that cave area, so she wasn't far away.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 06:59 PM by Mudbill.)
08-27-2016, 06:58 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

There would be two Catherine's now on the Ark indeed, I guess that bit is either unexplained or overlooked by the creators.

It is also sad to me that the Simon who appears on the Ark, is relieved, and completely unaware of the horror Simon-3 is still experiencing still stuck at Phi.
10-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Find
CrashHeadroom Offline

Threads: 1

.....ooorrr she held off uploading herself till the project was complete? I mean bare in mind, there IS a list of people who got scanned and put in the ark, she wasn't on that list, she scanned herself first thats for sure but it's never mentioned nor noted that she then put that scan inside....and a couple of the other people who walked with her to phi wern't scanned either Sad (pretty sure Strohmeier never got scanned as well as Akers and such, so theres a high possibility).
10-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

That is true. She would surely know that if she uploaded herself, she wouldn't be able to continue serving others into the Ark, thus holding back until everyone were done (obviously this only applies to her scan, not her life being, but since both are her, the scan wouldn't know what happened to her living self).

10-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Find