Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Horror movie recommendation
Knickebein Offline
Banned

Threads: 7
Horror movie recommendation

Hey friends of horror!

As you probably know the horror genre is full of rubbish, so it's hard to find something that really takes seriously about the genre. In general I thought a movie would never be able to create such intensive feelings like a good horror game, but yesterday night I watched a horror movie from Austria that really changed my thoughts about the impact of movies. It's a movie about the loss of confidence that really gets under your skin. It was no fun to watch, it was terrible, a psychedelic nightmare that corrodes your mind from the inside. People say it's "The Shining" of the next generation and yes, it's even more terrible than Stanley Kubrick's Shining. I'm still traumatized.Sad

GOODNIGHT MOMMY

09-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Find
CrashHeadroom Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Horror movie recommendation

Not bad but as a personal preference, body horror is the only thing that still freaks me out...and by body horror I mean The Thing XD. The first Fatal Frame game also still helps out my constipation too lol.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016, 03:08 PM by CrashHeadroom.)
09-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

May I interest you in some Junji Ito then?
Spoiler below!
[Image: Binjo_Tsuji_4918.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_lklqcqyEy11qzinc2o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: 1spirale1.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_lwt6d6Lr5a1r4xqamo1_500.png]

09-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Find
Knickebein Offline
Banned

"Goodnight Mommy" is not one of the movies that scares you with bodies or monsters. It's the story and what happens there. This movie isn't even "scary", rather the horror is a much deeper psychological descent.
09-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

Spanish Horror is a personal favorite of mine. Masters such as Guillermo del Toro, Stuart Gordon, and so on.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
09-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Website Find
Knickebein Offline
Banned

Yes, but Guillermo del Toro actually released also garbage like "Mama" or "Crimson Peak".
But I like "Pan's Labyrinth", "The Orphanage" and one of my best faforites is "Julia's Eyes".
09-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

(09-07-2016, 08:11 PM)Knickebein Wrote: Yes, but Guillermo del Toro actually released also garbage like "Mama" or "Crimson Peak".
But I like "Pan's Labyrinth", "The Orphanage" and one of my best faforites is "Julia's Eyes".

I thoroughly enjoyed "Crimson Peak", but to each his own, of course. "Pan's Labyrinth" is a master piece in my eyes, "The Orphanage" is also a nice pick.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
09-08-2016, 12:07 AM
Website Find
Knickebein Offline
Banned

The idea behind "Crimson Peak" was brillant. I like the classical gothic horror style, but unfortunately the movie failed to be horror for me. The CGI-ghosts are laughable and generally I'm not a fan of CGI effects. Even the actors aren't really serious and the movie focused too much on fantasy/ love story. I prefer really deep psychological horror like from Roman Polański for example. My favorite movie from him is "The Tenant".

But for me Guillermo del Toro is like James Wan. They can make great horror if they want, but sometimes they have bad days (Insidious 2).
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 11:07 AM by Knickebein.)
09-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Find
FrictionalWeekly Offline

Threads: 6

I really like The Babadook movie from 2014. It takes 2 characters - a mom and son, who are going through troubling times after the father died. The movie is mostly about the mom's rapid decrease in sanity, and that's when this "monster" gets closer. It also almost never shows the creature besides a few limbs appearing from the dark corners, with the rest of it's body hidden in the dark. More movies nowadays should be like that.
09-11-2016, 02:41 AM
Find
Knickebein Offline
Banned

Yes, Babadook was a great horror movie. I just hated the screaming boy in the first half hour, but later this movie becomes more and more to an intensive horrifying experience. But I would rate it 4 of 5 stars, because there are even better horror movies from the last years. In addition to "Goodnight Mommy" I would say "True Love Ways" (2016) and "Masks" (2011) are the best.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 08:07 PM by Knickebein.)
09-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Find