Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom Story Problems!
Verkehr Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Custom Story Problems!

Paint.NET supports alpha channels? Wow gtg check that, and how it works.

Also, I have now another problem (Oh yes here it comes XD). Now I made a chest, locked it, but it always spawns already open, but it won't move until I "unlock" it. Can you help me? :/

It's kind of hard to find it, I'll rather stick to Photoshop. X)
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016, 08:07 PM by Verkehr.)
10-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You can set a stuck state on the chest. It acts similar to a lever. State 1 will be either open or closed (I forget) and state -1 will be the opposite. Basically do your key callback normally, but instead of doing SetSwingDoorLocked you do SetLeverStuckState("chest", 0, false); and it will "unstuck" it.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016, 09:22 PM by Mudbill.)
10-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Find
Verkehr Offline

Threads: 13

(10-20-2016, 09:22 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You can set a stuck state on the chest. It acts similar to a lever. State 1 will be either open or closed (I forget) and state -1 will be the opposite. Basically do your key callback normally, but instead of doing SetSwingDoorLocked you do SetLeverStuckState("chest", 0, false); and it will "unstuck" it.

Thanks for finding your time to always help me, I'm too new to custom stories I guess XD but I managed to find the reason later on, I set at the stuck state "MAX", which results in an opened chest that can't be closed unless "unlocked", later when I set it to "MIN" it worked just fine, but can you just tell me one more thing: everytime I put something inside my chest I've fixed (Laundanum, Sanity Potions and Notes), it goes literally THROUGH the chest, falling "under" it partly. How do I fix that now? X3
I'll rewrite it on youtube, no need to reply here anymore, k?
10-21-2016, 03:43 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Click the little magnet thing in the bottom left corner of the Level Editor. It will allow you to move objects without them snapping to the grid. Move your items slightly upward so they're not halfway through your box.

Feel free to keep posting here and be patient. There ARE other people familiar with the editors here, but not all of us are online at the same time.

Also, merging your posts. No need to doublepost since that bumps your thread, and it's already pretty recent. This thread will also be moved over to Development Support. In 24 hours, it will not appear in the Tech Support subforum.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2016, 02:51 AM by Romulator.)
10-22-2016, 02:48 AM
Find