Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would scare you in a modern cs?
FrictionalWeekly Offline

Threads: 6
Question  What would scare you in a modern cs?

So I'm working on a new mod named "Metus: Episode 2". It's a modern mod and fear is the number one thing that is being worked on in this mod. My goal is for it to be one of the scariest Amnesia mods, as hard as it may be to give it that title. I'm going to try to implement my own fears into the mod, like chainsaw men chasing you in the dark, notes describing other-dimensional beings, notes mentioning shadow men, dead silence here and there, odd uncanny things (mannequins, weird notes, strange sounds occasionally).

But I'm not trying to make a scary mod for just myself. I need to put in some other people's fears if I want this CS to be more successful. So please tell me what would scare you in a modern CS?
11-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: What would scare you in a modern cs?

The unknown is always the scariest. People here already know how Amnesia works, so be sure to make something different and unique. Catch people off guard.

11-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Find
FrictionalWeekly Offline

Threads: 6

(11-01-2016, 07:53 PM)Mudbill Wrote: The unknown is always the scariest. People here already know how Amnesia works, so be sure to make something different and unique. Catch people off guard.
Been doing that already. Will continue to do so! Wink

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016, 04:24 AM by FrictionalWeekly.)
11-02-2016, 04:24 AM
Find
Draugemalf Offline

Threads: 7

Things that make sure that you don't really get un-immersed by thinking it's a videogame. Like if you hear monster noises somewhere and think "oh that's just a scripted event, let me run towards it to cancel it", but if you actually do that there really is a monster doing stuff.

Like what FG wanted to do with the elevator in upsilon_awake from vertical slice. You do something stupid and you regret doing it.

11-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Models of colourfull ponies stolen from deviantart.

*shudders*
11-03-2016, 01:54 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

You have an incredibly long list of things you're trying to use to scare people with this mod, it sounds more like a haunted house ride than a scary environment. Instead of focusing on the THING that scares people, focus on HOW it scares people and why those scares are so effective. Watch some Japanese horror movies and analyse how they pace their scares; figure out why something would make people uncomfortable.

Here are some links to start you out!
And some more links in case the ones above piqued your interest.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2016, 06:57 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
11-28-2016, 05:56 AM
Find