Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ehh A:TDD not working properly :/
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Ehh A:TDD not working properly :/

What if you run at a lower resolution?
11-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Website Find
Jazerix Offline

Threads: 3

as of now it is doing the same with the low graphics im afraid, any idea why this is happening?
11-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Do you have a laptop?

Where are you downloading the latest drivers from?

(some laptops come with crappy drivers and you need to be sure to download them from the nvidia site)
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2010, 08:54 AM by Thomas.)
11-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Find
Jazerix Offline

(11-10-2010, 08:53 AM)Thomas Wrote: Do you have a laptop?

Where are you downloading the latest drivers from?

(some laptops come with crappy drivers and you need to be sure to download them from the nvidia site)

On my laptop, it works excellent, but on my desktop im having this issue, the driver is downloaded from nvidia's officiel site, im gonna try out some stuff in the Nvidia control panel if it work, i'll report back Smile

thanks for all the replies,

appreciate it Big Grin
OKAY, i now got the game started, went into the nvidia control panel and just changed all the options of amnesia, ill try and locate the real problem within the next minutes, and if i can find what option that is causing the problem i'll post a guide Smile
Optimized the settings in the launcher to my screen resolution (2048x1152) and resetted the options in the nvidia control panel and im back to one fps when i open the game, please note that im able to get into the game right now Big Grin
and now im getting the same error when i start the game "FETAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialzed! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information.
so after a bunch of tests, here's the results:

test 2, slow fps on start after a while its normal
test 3, slow fps on start after a while its normal
test 4, with max resolution (2048x1152) caused application error
test 5, default settings also causing this error after trying wtih max resolution.
test 6, still causing the error with default application settings
test 7, still causing rederer #0 failed after trying with the setting "Let the 3D application decide" in the nvidia control panel.
test 8, startup worked, chose "Use the advanced 3D image setting" in nvidia control panel, went to "Manage 3D Settings" tab and added amnesia.exe to the list. Changed Cuda - GPUs from "Use Global Setting - Geforce GTX 275" to "Gefore GTX 275 - Gefore GTX 275". Running amnesia caused the nvidia control panel to go "Not Responding" mode.
test 9, same settings as test 8, caused the nvidia control panel to stop working again, able to get into game with default settings with good fps.
test 10, same settins as test 8 and 9 but with the resoultion set to 2048x1152, getting the error that rendering failed.
test 11, going back to old resolution with same setting as test 8 and 9, getting redering failed error again, with default settings.
test 12, removing amnesia from program list under "Manage 3D settings" in the nvidia control panel and setting nvidia to "Let the 3D application decide", default amnesia settings, getting render failed nvidia control panel is still runing.
test 13, changing back the option in nvidia control panel to "Use the advanced 3D image setting" and adding amnesia to the program list under "Manage 3D Settings", running amnesia with default settings, now works again wtih good fps.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2010, 04:50 PM by Jazerix.)
11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Find
Jazerix Offline

Anything? Anyone? Big Grin
11-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Find
Jazerix Offline

-.- bump...