Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with AMFP on PS4
dinosauriac
Unregistered

Not Solved Issues with AMFP on PS4
Didn't know where else to post this, so here goes. I just got the console collection and immediately on starting Machine For Pigs I noticed there's a fairly serious issue with the sound...

Music is spatialized in the world instead of playing normally. Same with cutscene sounds. This leads to some very weird audio behaviour and not a very pleasant experience at times. I double checked on the PC version to make sure this wasn't intentional, something must have gone wrong in the port.

Hopefully this is a simple checkbox fix for the sound cues used, because this bug is really off-putting and I'd quite like to play through AMFP again on PS4. Weirdly enough it seems to have a more stable framerate than the PC edition, even if the blue fog is still there Dodgy

The other thing I wanted to bring up is that there's no option to disable image trails on PS4. Whenever I play the PC version I have them off, because the swimming image makes me feel a little nauseous. Sadly the only setting on the console release is gamma correction. I would really appreciate it if an option to disable "sanity effects" like image trails was added for both AMFP and Dark Descent.
11-22-2016, 02:16 AM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Not Solved RE: Issues with AMFP on PS4
Will look into this and report back as soon as we know.
11-23-2016, 07:02 AM
Find
dinosauriac
Unregistered

Not Solved Tongue  RE: Issues with AMFP on PS4
(11-23-2016, 07:02 AM)Thomas Wrote: Will look into this and report back as soon as we know.

I just downloaded the new patch, thankyou so much for fixing the sound issue!
The games are much more pleasant to listen to now Smile

I do feel I have to bring up the screen effects topic again though, playing the opening sections of Pigs... the blur is so heavy in some parts that it's hard to see much at all. Is there no chance we can have an option to disable that? It's kinda making my head hurt so I've only been playing in short bursts.

Anyway, my thanks again, outside of the things I've mentioned I really do think this is a quality conversion to console.
12-12-2016, 04:24 PM