Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Justine on Ps4 - is that fair?
klyrner Offline

Threads: 2
Justine on Ps4 - is that fair?

Let me just start by saying I love the game(s), have been waiting forever for them..

But Justine-- First time I put this on I meticulously went through it, so I wouldn't miss any documents etc. Failed the first trap.. and was a little annoyed because I thought that ladder wouldn't reach the door in the ceiling... but whatever. I saved the next guy because that was a cool puzzle, with the slides. Took a while but I finally got it, first time playing. Great, logical puzzle.

The 3rd and last guy is in a "trap" where a monster/ "suitor" comes tearing at you and gives you absolutely zero time to figure a puzzle out. My meticulous first and second playthrough were ruined because I had no time to figure out what I could do.

Upon looking up what I'm SUPPOSED to do, I didn't even get it then. There's absolutely no room for error at that last part.

Is this significantly harder on Ps4? Because it is seriously hard to smoothly work the controller stick, even with sensitivity as high as it goes.. I find this seriously unfair.

The no Saves thing is a shitty move to do, when you have a scenario like that. I'm very unhappy.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016, 01:18 AM by klyrner.)
12-12-2016, 01:16 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Justine on Ps4 - is that fair?

Justine's no save style was more of an experimental way to approach the Amnesia style of games, and whether or not it was successful will be very subjective.

I'm assuming the part you're referencing in the 3rd section is the part where you are pursued by a monster and you need to save the third person. This was likely done in an attempt to invoke a sense of panic and test your willingness to save a stranger NPC under the very possible likelihood that your no-save playthrough could be ended.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-12-2016, 03:03 AM
Find
klyrner Offline

Threads: 2

I understand all of the intent behind it, and overall appreciate all Amnesia games. But THAT moment, when there's no saves.. I genuinely doubt there's a single person who played that on Ps4 and didn't get their game ruined first time, if they weren't following a guide. Seriously, you have just no grace period at all, and the monster kills you instantaneously.
12-12-2016, 06:49 AM
Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

You can complete Justine in 15 minutes so it's really not a big deal. There is definitely room for error seeing as my game accidentally minimized during the 3rd monster encounter and I still made it out alive.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2016, 10:46 PM by TwiK999.)
12-13-2016, 10:45 PM
Find