Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found some new things for Amnesia
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
I found some new things for Amnesia

I was digging through the Amnesia.exe file using string2 (kudos to Combine for linking it to me) and I found some interesting bits. I was trying to figure out what caused Amnesia - Justine to block the save feature but couldn't find that one. But what I did find was pretty interesting.

These two can be used in your custom_story_settings.cfg file to specify the lang file a bit more:
ExtraLangFilePrefix = "extra_"
DefaultExtraLangFile = "english.lang"

So here you can change the name of your lang file. If you don't want it to be named extra_english.lang, you can easily change it now. From what I've tested, it does not seem to work to set ExtraLangFilePrefix as empty.

What's even more interesting is that you can use slashes for directories.
ExtraLangFilePrefix = "config/lang_main/"
DefaultExtraLangFile = "english.lang"
This will set it up similarly to a full conversion mod - within this folder path.

I also found a script function by the looks of this:
PHP Code: (Select All)
void AddKeyPart(int alKeyPart); 
But I'm not sure what it does.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2017, 11:27 PM by Mudbill.)
01-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: I found some new things for Amnesia

If AddKeyPart(); exists, would it be safe to assume that GetKeyPart(); also exists?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-02-2017, 01:31 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Try it but I don't think it was listed within the .exe file. It seemed to list every script function on the wiki + that one. Maybe it's an unused function and therefore doesn't have a companion?

Edit: I scanned the maps folder and it seems to be used in Justine only. Most of them look like this:
AddKeyPart(0x65e5431a); 
with differing numbers. There's no mention of GetKeyPart though.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 01:44 AM by Mudbill.)
01-02-2017, 01:39 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(01-02-2017, 01:39 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Try it but I don't think it was listed within the .exe file. It seemed to list every script function on the wiki + that one. Maybe it's an unused function and therefore doesn't have a companion?

Edit: I scanned the maps folder and it seems to be used in Justine only. Most of them look like this:
AddKeyPart(0x65e5431a); 
with differing numbers. There's no mention of GetKeyPart though.

Oh, that's right! I remember seeing that now. Based purely on the placement if I recall where they are in the code, I'm pretty sure the events were linked to the Potato Sack ARG which occurred years ago. If not, then it's global vars for whom you save, don't save, etc.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-02-2017, 01:52 AM
Find