Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SPOILERS] Soma early version explained (Super Secret archive decoded) !
Omnitool Offline

[SPOILERS] Soma early version explained (Super Secret archive decoded) !

Someome did a great job in datamining and doing some actual "intelligence analisis" on the contents of the Super Secret archive, and managed to piece together a coherent script and level design concept for the early version of Soma (one made around 2013 that apparently still used the HPL 2 Engine).

This great video showcases how the game should have looked like in its initial concept, and highlights the differences between the actual released version of Soma and the early concept.

IMPORTANT: All images, sounds, textures and media included in the video is taken from the Super Secret archive file and other game files from the full game. All the content presented in the video has been officially released by Frictional Games!
I do not own or had any part in the making of this video, i just found it on Youtube!
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 05:03 PM by Omnitool.)
01-03-2017 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GhylTarvoke Offline

RE: [SPOILERS] Soma early version explained (Super Secret archive decoded) !

Thanks for sharing. This video deserves attention.
01-04-2017 11:43 AM
cantremember Offline

Around 9:30 he mentions a blackbox recording you could listen to after the (now headless) diver died due to Simon, but he doesn't let you listen to it in the video, is there anyway I can hear that soundfile?
01-04-2017 12:04 PM
GhylTarvoke Offline

At that point in the video, there's a sound of heavy breathing (the same sound that "old Simon" makes in the pilot seat at Omicron). Maybe that's the blackbox recording?
01-08-2017 09:26 PM
BenjiBenjamin123 Offline

(01-03-2017 04:52 PM)Omnitool Wrote:  Someome did a great job in datamining and doing some actual "intelligence analisis" on the contents of the Super Secret archive, and managed to piece together a coherent script and level design concept for the early version of Soma (one made around 2013 that apparently still used the HPL 2 Engine).

This great video showcases how the game should have looked like in its initial concept, and highlights the differences between the actual released version of Soma and the early concept.

IMPORTANT: All images, sounds, textures and media included in the video is taken from the Super Secret archive file and other game files from the full game. All the content presented in the video has been officially released by Frictional Games!
I do not own or had any part in the making of this video, i just found it on Youtube!

Thanks mate for description and useful link. I really appreciate that
02-08-2017 04:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)