Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Controller Broken?
SamChurch Offline

Threads: 3
Controller Broken?

So before I start, I haven't tried playing on another PC so I don't know if this is an issue that will stick with my Steam profile or just that specific PC. That said, I started playing A:TDD with an Xbox One controller right off the bat. I got to the point where you end up in a prison and I believe I went a little bit into the prison. I pause and walk away for about an hour. When I come back and unpause it, I try to move forward (L-Stick up) and the guy jumps instead of moving. "That's odd..." so I try the R-Trigger, Which I believe was to sprint. He starts looking at the ceiling. Didn't even bother trying any other button. I unplug the controller, plug it back in, and try again. Same issue. I unplug it again and this time try another XB1 controller. Still an issue. I quit and closed the game and Steam itself, and launched the game again. Still an issue. I even deleted the save, created a new one, and tried it there. Still an issue. Searching for this issue and solutions have come to nothing. Any advice? Or maybe someone else has had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance
01-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Controller Broken?

Is it possible that all the controls were reset?

Trying is the first step to success.
01-14-2017, 01:17 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Your game settings are stored in \Documents separately from the game install files, so if something changes there, for example reinstalling the game will not update that folder, so things remain the same.

By hitting "Start new game" the settings are still the same. Even a new profile has certain settings remain, though controls should get reset to default. Have you tried creating a new profile? Have you tried going into the control settings and editing the key setup?

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2017, 08:01 PM by Mudbill.)
01-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Find
SamChurch Offline

The controls in the menu say they're normal and I can even map them like normal. It didn't work. As for the other profile...I'm not exactly sure I understand what you mean
01-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

When you start the game you're asked to pick a profile. You can hit "Create" to make a new profile and add it to the list. There's also an option in the main menu named "Change profile".

But if it looks correct I'm not sure if using another profile will help...

Did anything change on your system since last time it worked? Changed DPI settings perhaps? Updated drivers?

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2017, 10:51 PM by Mudbill.)
01-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Find
SamChurch Offline

Let me stop you right there...I don't know what that means. Not very computer saavy
01-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

What operating system do you have? I'm guessing it's Windows, so which version? Windows 10?

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017, 12:04 AM by Mudbill.)
01-14-2017, 11:56 PM
Find
SamChurch Offline

Windows 10, yes. Just got a new laptop recently and I haven't tried playing A:TDD on it because I've been too busy playing other games that I never could on my old system. The old one is where I had the issue though and the issue started on Windows 8 and I've come back repeatedly since then to see if anything has changed. even on into W10, nothing changed. Probably going to try it on my new system tonight though, I'll let you know how it goes.
01-15-2017, 12:57 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Find the Amnesia.exe file in your install directory. Right click > Properties > Compatibility > Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Make sure this is checked. That could have something to do with it.

01-15-2017, 01:01 AM
Find
SamChurch Offline

I will definitely have to check that out. Thank you my friend
01-15-2017, 01:14 AM
Find