Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing the Soma_NoSteam.exe file!
FrictionalGamer Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 7 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago Missing the Soma_NoSteam.exe file!

I have already paid for the digital copy of Soma on Steam. However, when my anti-virus program was scanning some files that is when I noticed that my Soma_NoSteam.exe file was gone. After countless hours of trying to find it as in going to the trash folder, places where it less likely has been misplaced, going online to find a Soma_NoSteam.exe file, etc. I am almost losing patience here. I do not need to buy another digital copy just to have 1 Soma_NoSteam.exe file again. Yes, I have set my anti-virus software to not scan the Steam folders and files anymore.
01-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Find
IconOfRoozy Offline

Threads: 8
Solved: 7 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Missing the Soma_NoSteam.exe file!

(01-15-2017, 11:32 PM)FrictionalGamer Wrote: I have already paid for the digital copy of Soma on Steam. However, when my anti-virus program was scanning some files that is when I noticed that my Soma_NoSteam.exe file was gone. After countless hours of trying to find it as in going to the trash folder, places where it less likely has been misplaced, going online to find a Soma_NoSteam.exe file, etc. I am almost losing patience here. I do not need to buy another digital copy just to have 1 Soma_NoSteam.exe file again. Yes, I have set my anti-virus software to not scan the Steam folders and files anymore.

Idk. just re-install...... or not.

To win the game, you must kill me, Roozy Rox.
01-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Try to verify the game cache files in Steam. That should restore any missing files from your installation. Just right click > Properties.

Excuse my theme.
[Image: 47d55cd8eb294bbca407026e0a175776.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017, 11:49 PM by Mudbill.)
01-15-2017, 11:48 PM
Find
FrictionalGamer Offline

Threads: 1

Thank you all for trying to help me. MudBill, your method helped me recover my then vanished file that I wanted. As a rare Steam user, never was aware of the right-click and Properties part of Steam that you talked about.
01-16-2017, 02:05 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

A Steam File Integrity check is basically a way for Steam to scan or any missing or damaged files from a game. Think of it as a reinstall, but only reinstalling the essential missing files.

Since you've seem to have solved your issue, I'll lock the thread now Smile Hope you enjoy the game!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-16-2017, 03:27 AM
Find