Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Amnesia 1.4 update
Knickebein Offline
Banned

Threads: 7
Not Solved About Amnesia 1.4 update

Hey, as I noticed a new patch is rolling out.
First I have to say that I'm one of these people who don't like achievements especially in games that are about immersion. I think achievements are modern game design nonsense that just make the game feel more like a fun challenge. Something you have to win. A lot of games have achievements in a pop-up message during gameplay and I think Amnesia is not that sort of game where this should be. This will always distract me from the immersion like the goal is to collect all achievements instead to focus on the story.

But okay, you guys decided to add this "feature" to Amnesia. There's anything more in the new update? Bug fixes or optimisations like 4K compatible user interface?

And is it also coming to DRM-free builds and how do achievements work there?

Thanks to answering my questions!
01-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: About Amnesia 1.4 update

I think this update was exclusively for Steam and only included achievements. Reason it was added was to mirror the PlayStation 4 Amnesia Collection which included trophies (basically the same thing).

Personally I don't mind them, but perhaps I have a different view after working with this game for years. I can see how a first-time player can find it bothersome or distracting, but for me as I've already been through it many times, it was more of a fun hunt which gave me a reason to replay it thoroughly.

Each to their own I suppose.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 05:02 PM by Mudbill.)
01-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(01-18-2017, 02:48 PM)Knickebein Wrote: A lot of games have achievements in a pop-up message during gameplay and I think Amnesia is not that sort of game where this should be.

I know exactly what you mean. Personally, I like to collect them but I do not like them popping up during gameplay.

If I remember correctly, PS3 did not have an option to turn Trophy notifications off, but PS4 might have that the same way Xbox 360 did. To get rid of them on Steam, simply disable the Steam Overlay and you won't be bothered with them anymore.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 05:17 PM by Yuhaney.)
01-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Hello there Googolplex, now see, you were banned a while ago, and for good reason. Don't make any new accounts okay? Cheers.
01-18-2017, 08:40 PM
Find