Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-existent Staircase help
Fear Everlasting Offline

Threads: 2
Non-existent Staircase help

I am very slowly creating a mod, and I have come to a little problem. I desire having an extremely long staircase ("symbolism" at its finest), and I have pieced the staircases together. However, when I test the game part of the staircase (and in turn part of the bottom floor) is non-existent in game, but shows up on my level designer. I have more then 14 staircase models pieced together. When I was originally fooling around when I started out with the level editor, I was able to make this staircase and play it in-game. I timed that staircase and it took over 30 seconds of running to get to the bottom, so it was quite a long staircase.

Yes I have saved my map, I even created a new save to load from and loaded from that save as well, with my stairs still missing. These saves have been correctly written due to a lever object I added during the stair making process. Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem is? If there is anything specific I need to upload such as screenshots or the map itself please post to do so.

Thanks for your time. I will respond as quickly as possible to any replies.
11-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Find
Hooumeri Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Non-existent Staircase help

Give us some more information on the settings of the stairscases, and possibly pictures, please :p
11-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

It could be because of the .cache files. Check this thread http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4822.html
11-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Find
Kaizerwolf Offline

Threads: 9

(11-08-2010, 01:03 PM)nofsky Wrote: It could be because of the .cache files. Check this thread http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4822.html

Yup, the .cache files will do it. Happens to me when the level editor is still open when you try to play the game. Try opening it in MapView first, and if it's there, then it should be in the level when you launch the actual game.
11-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Find
Fear Everlasting Offline

(11-08-2010, 02:20 PM)Kaizerwolf Wrote:
(11-08-2010, 01:03 PM)nofsky Wrote: It could be because of the .cache files. Check this thread http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4822.html

Yup, the .cache files will do it. Happens to me when the level editor is still open when you try to play the game. Try opening it in MapView first, and if it's there, then it should be in the level when you launch the actual game.

It opens in MapView and the area is there, however it is still not in my level.

I had just copied the test file over from my last install that I believe didn't have the update, and it didn't include the code he mentioned, I will upload my main_settings.txt file.

(11-08-2010, 10:41 AM)Hooumeri Wrote: Give us some more information on the settings of the stairscases, and possibly pictures, please :p
I cannot give in game screenshots because they are not being saved, but have mapviewer, level editor view of the staircase, and the staircase values have not been changed or touched, just pieced together. I think I'm going to do a fresh install and manually change my notepad settings instead of copy pasting them again.

.png   Leveleditorview.png (Size: 371.78 KB / Downloads: 116)

.png   main settings.png (Size: 101.64 KB / Downloads: 98)

.png   MapView view.png (Size: 410.76 KB / Downloads: 107)
11-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Go to the folder where you saved your maps and delete the *.cache files.

11-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Find
Fear Everlasting Offline

(11-08-2010, 10:33 PM)Pandemoneus Wrote: Go to the folder where you saved your maps and delete the *.cache files.

Thanks for the help, that fixed it.
11-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Find