Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footsteps volume and shining objects
zionifl Offline

Threads: 10
Question  Footsteps volume and shining objects

Hi, i'm new to the forum and i'm asking for help. Is there any way to change the volume of the footsteps of the game? I'm making a project and i'm making all of it myself and that project involves the pre-alpha version of the game. Before the footsteps volume was higher and i want to bring this back.

I also want to make interactable objects like doors, drawers and other entities to have an blue glow around them when focused. That was another feature that was unused. This effect is still present in items when you focuse them though.
03-15-2017, 02:49 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Footsteps volume and shining objects

The footstep sounds can likely be made louder by editing their .snt file, or there may be an option in game.cfg.

Or you can open the .ogg files in Audacity and amplify them. Pretty simple really.

Not sure what you can do about the other idea though. The closest thing I can think of to replicating it is to just turn on a light around the object when it is in focus, since I believe the feature you're trying to do is no longer coded into the source for entities other than items.

Oh! And moving to Development Support!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2017, 03:53 AM by Romulator.)
03-15-2017, 03:40 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

The blue glow is only present on pickupable items. Not sure how to do it on interactable items.

Trying is the first step to success.
03-15-2017, 03:33 PM
Find
zionifl Offline

Threads: 10

I've discovered that it is an shader that creates the blue light effect. It is the game_outline_frag.glsl and game_outline_vtx.glsl. Is there any way to edit this shader file so that it is used on objects?
03-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Find