Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
Steve Offline

Threads: 17
Rainbow  Question

Hey guys,

Haven't been here in ages, I assume nobody remembers me anymore either. I once worked on a custom story called Final Light but I never got to finish it.

I've lately gotten the idea to maybe reboot/finish it. (I'm scared of the kind of code and grammar I will find in there)
But I've been wondering if there is any point to it since I'm not really in the scene anymore and I'm not sure how much these custom stories are played anymore.

So I thought let's ask the community. Smile

~ Steve (Not even my real name)

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
04-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Question

It's been very quiet here lately. In some sense people may say it's not worth it, but I think a large chunk of people still play stories, even if very few are still being produced. Perhaps that only makes it a bigger deal when a new one comes out. I've seen a fair share of comments from players on newly released mods on ModDB, so I wouldn't say it's pointless.

Just remember that you're doing it for yourself and your own enjoyment and you'll have a great time making something that others may also enjoy in the process ^^

But it definitely isn't anything like it used to be, so if you have high expectations, you may be disappointed. Still, we have a small community willing to help and encourage if you feel the need!

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 06:55 PM by Mudbill.)
04-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Find
Steve Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Question

Thanks for the reply, I would indeed do it mostly for the fun of it yeah. Even if just a few got to play it, that would be fine. Guess it's mostly up to me making/having time for it.

I've finished a programming course over the years so I think I'll be able to actually create something genuinly nice.

If I do make up my mind to pick it up again, I'll check around here from time to time. Sleepy

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
04-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Find