Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive Room door
Lyric3
Unregistered

Solved: 6 Years, 11 Months, 1 Week ago Drive Room door
I'm trying to enter the drive room in Omicron, the door opens fine I just can't walk through it. I've tried loading from a previous save, exiting the game to start up again. I just cant get through the open door. Help!
04-12-2017, 03:45 AM
lcneves
Unregistered

Solved: 6 Years, 11 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Drive Room door
Opting into "public_beta" on Steam has solved this issue for me.
04-12-2017, 05:06 AM
tantalus
Unregistered

i concur had an identical problem opting in to public beta in the steam game properties solved the problem for me.
04-14-2017, 02:19 PM
IJVMSS
Unregistered

Bumping this as I am having the same problem. I am at the part where you have to run through the door while being chased. The door is open, but I cannot walk through it. It's like there is an invisible wall.

I have tried closing and opening the door and it does not work. I have tried the public beta and soma freezes while loading my save point and i am forced to either restart the computer or sign in/out as soma takes the full screen and will not close. I have tried loading an earlier save, this did not work either.
05-09-2017, 06:24 PM
IJVMSS
Unregistered

Alright I figured out how to get past it. I had to enable the debug mode, go into spectator mode, pass through the door and spawn my character on the camera.
05-10-2017, 03:51 AM
3ndlessShadows
Unregistered

(05-10-2017, 03:51 AM)IJVMSS Wrote: Alright I figured out how to get past it. I had to enable the debug mode, go into spectator mode, pass through the door and spawn my character on the camera.

How Do you do this ? I'm having the same issue and I am unaware of this process Please reply asap
06-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
(06-08-2017, 11:08 PM)3ndlessShadows Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 03:51 AM)IJVMSS Wrote: Alright I figured out how to get past it. I had to enable the debug mode, go into spectator mode, pass through the door and spawn my character on the camera.

How Do you do this ? I'm having the same issue and I am unaware of this process Please reply asap

Before you do the below, have you tried opting into the public_beta as discussed earlier as a plausible solution to this issue? Have you also tried loading an earlier save file from the Main Menu? (Choose Load Game instead of Continue).

//-------------------------

Run the SOMADev batch file from the location where SOMA is installed on your PC. For example, Steam copies are in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/SOMA.

This will give you access to things such as the debug menu, which can be activated using F1 once the game has loaded the first level. Load up the previous level to which you are having issues with, then play through the game as per normal until you are experiencing your bug. If the bug persists, you can "clip" through the section by activating the debug menu, clicking "Spectator Mode", then proceeding inside of the room, and then by clicking the appropriate Teleport Player to Camera (or something similar) option.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
06-09-2017, 04:27 AM
Find
blahblah
Unregistered

The "public_beta" solution would be great, except that the game does not save in this state. I've just lost a lot of time by simply choosing "Save and Exit" (well deep into Tau) when I needed to take a break.

Frictional, please fix your sh**.
06-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.