Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble Updating Game Help pls
SpicyDragon
Unregistered

Not Solved Trouble Updating Game Help pls
I have the disc version of Amnesia The Dark Descent and I tried to install the 1.3.1 update and when I went into the game files I saw these things called Vcredist and I have no clue what they are or do.

I also launched the game and it works fine but I don't know how to activate the Justine DLC, and when I try to launch the game from the actual files it says an SDL.dll is missing? I don't know what that means either.
06-26-2017, 12:36 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Trouble Updating Game Help pls
The Vcredist is a Visual C++ Redistributable installer. It isn't needed to keep in order to run the game, but it may need to be installed at first.

You must have installed the update incorrectly. I'm unsure if the update takes into account the different structures the game is deployed in, but do you have a "redist" folder in your game folder?

Which version did you originally have? Perhaps you need to install the 1.2 update first.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2017, 11:54 AM by Mudbill.)
06-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Find
SpicyDragon
Unregistered

(06-26-2017, 11:54 AM)Mudbill Wrote: The Vcredist is a Visual C++ Redistributable installer. It isn't needed to keep in order to run the game, but it may need to be installed at first.

You must have installed the update incorrectly. I'm unsure if the update takes into account the different structures the game is deployed in, but do you have a "redist" folder in your game folder?

Which version did you originally have? Perhaps you need to install the 1.2 update first.

I'm not sure what the version my game was originally, but I know it wasn't 1.3 because there weren't any Justine files, speaking of which I haven't figured out how to start the DLC, which isn't that bad I guess, seeing as the DLC is absolutely horrifying.

I installed the game correctly, I recently played through the whole thing with no problems, no glitches and monsters spawned correctly, and the ending played out as normal, I'm going to play a custom story soon that requires Justine content so I am a bit worried that the DLC didn't install correctly
06-26-2017, 07:55 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

The Justine DLC came as part of update 1.2 so if you don't have it, your game version must've been below that. The Justine button should appear in the launcher after applying the update.

06-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Find
HandsomeDragon
Unregistered

(06-26-2017, 09:02 PM)Mudbill Wrote: The Justine DLC came as part of update 1.2 so if you don't have it, your game version must've been below that. The Justine button should appear in the launcher after applying the update.

That probably is it then, that explains why I couldn't progress in a Custom Story, by any chance do you know where I could install the 1.2 update? And if I should install it in the same file that my game file is in or in the Amnesia folder?
06-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

It seems they've removed the download for it. I can only assume it means the 1.3.1 should include it. Perhaps you should try running the installer again. I don't remember how the installer looks but if you have to fill in a folder somewhere, make sure it's the correct one.

06-27-2017, 04:39 AM
Find
PirateDragon
Unregistered

(06-27-2017, 04:39 AM)Mudbill Wrote: It seems they've removed the download for it. I can only assume it means the 1.3.1 should include it. Perhaps you should try running the installer again. I don't remember how the installer looks but if you have to fill in a folder somewhere, make sure it's the correct one.

Well, Justine is now available, I can now play at the toes of hell, I'm not sure how to feel about this.
06-28-2017, 08:58 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.