Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I'm back!
Daniel47 Offline

I'm back!

Hello again everyone! For those of you who don't know my name is Daniel47. I left the forums over 5 months ago due to reasons, and now i'm back. During my time away I realized that Amnesia is always going to be a part of me. What caused this revelation? About a month ago I was clearing out my Dropbox from five years worth of files and what not. In the process, I came across one of my old (unfinished) custom stories called The Sixth Gateway (originally called Mansion of Doom). Some of you might have heard of it. However, I won't be finishing it as some of the custom content could already be copyrighted since the projects cancellation over four years ago, and I don't want to risk any legal disputes with the creators.

Anyways, I realize that the community has changed. Some new peeps are here and some longtimers have left. I am no longer creating mods or trying to that is, but I am back to help beta test and write reviews for mods that are released.

I do have a full time job and will be starting classes for a masters degree here in a few weeks, so my time on this forum will be at a minimum.

If you are looking for a beta tester, just send me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I currently have the default Amnesia version installed and will soon install the latest version. Smile

(Hopefully this is the right place to be posting in.)

Services: PM for services.
  • Beta testing
  • Reviews
  • Custom story consulting
07-14-2017 03:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mudbill Offline
Posting Freak

RE: I'm back!

Hey again!
Forums aren't very active these days but we do get the occasional post. I think if you still want to interact with the community, the best place currently is the unofficial Frictional Games Discord server from /r/SOMA. We still have some Amnesia-related fun there :]

07-14-2017 03:24 AM
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Welcome back, glad to see you here again Daniel Big Grin
07-14-2017 11:40 AM
Daniel47 Offline

(07-14-2017 03:24 AM)Mudbill Wrote:  Hey again!
Forums aren't very active these days but we do get the occasional post. I think if you still want to interact with the community, the best place currently is the unofficial Frictional Games Discord server from /r/SOMA. We still have some Amnesia-related fun there :]
Thanks for the update! Seems like a lot of people have left in the past few months. I'll look into the discord server and reconnect with some members, though i'm not going to get involved in any community projects.

(07-14-2017 11:40 AM)Slanderous Wrote:  Welcome back, glad to see you here again Daniel Big Grin
Hey Slanderous! It's good to be back. Like I said earlier, I won't be as active as I once was. My activity will basically include: Beta testing (if needed), writing reviews (when a mod is released), and offer any advice to those who are creating or looking at creating custom stories. I will not be creating mods anymore.

• Beta testing
  • Reviews
07-14-2017 04:59 PM
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(07-14-2017 04:59 PM)Daniel47 Wrote:  
(07-14-2017 03:24 AM)Mudbill Wrote:  Hey again!
Thanks for the update! Seems like a lot of people have left in the past few months. I'll look into the discord server and reconnect with some members, though i'm not going to get involved in any community projects.

(07-14-2017 11:40 AM)Slanderous Wrote:  Welcome back, glad to see you here again Daniel Big Grin
Hey Slanderous! It's good to be back. Like I said earlier, I won't be as active as I once was. My activity will basically include: Beta testing (if needed), writing reviews (when a mod is released), and offer any advice to those who are creating or looking at creating custom stories. I will not be creating mods anymore.

Alright! I'll make sure to contact you if i need beta testing help Tongue
07-15-2017 12:47 PM
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Here I am. I remember you.

It's such a habit to check new posts I haven't stopped in the years I've been here... It's just something I do.

07-15-2017 01:59 PM
Mudbill Offline
Posting Freak

Same. It's been very quiet the past half year (and more), usually only garnering about 3 new posts a week, but I still check it as I did 5 years ago heh.

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2017 06:14 PM by Mudbill.)
07-15-2017 06:14 PM
johnsepia Offline

I'm new here, but welcome back, and good luck on your masters!
07-16-2017 12:13 PM
Daniel47 Offline

Thanks everyone! And thank you johnsepia for wishing me luck!

• Beta testing
  • Reviews
07-16-2017 11:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)