Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5fps max on modern hardware fully capable of running the game
skdursh Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Sad  5fps max on modern hardware fully capable of running the game

For the first time in my life I have a laptop of quality and have had this game for a long time from a Humble Bundle years ago. Now that I definitely have the hardware to run the game I was excited to finally play it, but to my dismay I am only getting between 1-5fps when I try to play it, when I can play newer games like PUBG, Subnautica, Fallout 4, ect. always at 120fps or higher (depending if it's frame locked or not). I am running Windows 10 with 16GB RAM, an Intel i7-7700hq processor and a Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB dedicated graphics card. My equipment is beyond qualified to run this game. I have the game through Steam, so it's definitely up to date and I cannot for the life of me see any reason why I am not able to run this game smooth as butter. I have noticed as well that for some reason as well Amnesia keeps insisting on launching in 32 bit mode and am wondering if this might be the issue for some reason. I would have preferred to just contact Frictional directly, but the contact page instructed me to post here as otherwise I would have been ignored. I also own SOMA and run it flawlessly. All of my drivers are fully updated.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 06:31 AM by skdursh.)
07-29-2017, 06:28 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: 5fps max on modern hardware fully capable of running the game

Do you happen to have an integrated GPU in your processor? Many laptops come with this, and sometimes the game may pick the wrong GPU to run on. I can imagine if you ran SOMA on an Intel IGPU you'd get poor results.

This is for Amnesia but it's the same for SOMA. You can try it:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid277040

07-29-2017, 12:57 PM
Find