Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an artefact
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
an artefact

Hello gang. Peoples askin whether Carthage is still happening. It's not, sorry.

However, please find attached one Leviathan.zip.

.zip   leviathan.zip (Size: 241.09 KB / Downloads: 200)

Carthage was going to have a few playable imgui mini-games as easter eggs. Leviathan is one of them. It's Snake with a twist and has artwork and an imgui functions in the form of a helper script. It's provided as is. It definitely does work, but I've not tested it recently and it might take some tweaking. I've not touched HPL3 for so long that I can't remember how to set it up and test it. There's a chance I've missed out some associated scripts or something. BUT, if you're making a SOMA mod and you want to include Leviathan running on a WAU style terminal, it will be worth tweaking. You may have it for free and include it in your mod. If you want to set it up as a standalone add-on, that's cool too. Share the love.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6012]

I kept Carthage pretty mysterious, if anyone's still interested, my (maybe over-ambitious plan) was to make a 1st-person puzzle game based around swapping between different robot bodies to get different abilities, through a portal-test-chamber style sequence of tests. Over time it would get less and less clear what was real and what wasn't, maybe you were never human in the first place, etc. The basics for a pilot seat UI and swapping in and out of a range of different UHs and other bots was almost in place and partially working. If anyone actually wants those files, hit me up. I'm happy to pass them on. They will also be provided as is. The scripts are weird and complex, don't work 100% and come with no help and support whatsoever. Just saying. But if you want them, let me know.

Attached Files
.jpg   leviathan thumbs.jpg (Size: 41.95 KB / Downloads: 331)

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 09:49 PM by MrBehemoth.)
08-16-2017, 10:44 PM
Find
Draugemalf Offline

Threads: 7
RE: an artefact

I think I'll try including the minigame in my upcoming mod Big Grin

08-23-2017, 10:49 PM
Find