Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soma bug makes playing impossible
Etrias Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Soma bug makes playing impossible

I purchased SOMA for PS4 two days ago.
I'm at the shuttle station, and after I engage the 3 buttons on the panel and then press the red button, nothing happens. The video screen does not descend.

I've spent hours on this forum reading all the "are you sure you pressed all the buttons" posts, all of the trouble-shooting, and reinstalled the game. Twice.

I also contacted Sony for a refund, and they told me to talk to the developer.

I don't want a fix for this. I don't want to screw around with files and folders and reinstallations.

I want my $29.99 back and I want to be done with this game.
Frictional, tell me what you need from me to process this return please.
09-10-2017, 04:02 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: Soma bug makes playing impossible

Hey there! Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the game. Unfortunately, I'm not from Frictional Games, but I'll assign this thread to one of them and hopefully they'll get back to you.

You may also want to try contacting them directly via their Contact Page. Perhaps include this thread URL in your post as well.

The only other thing I would recommend other than what you have already done is to reload an earlier save using the Load Game option in the menu, which will reload the level and the scripts, but considering how you're set on a refund, I understand if you choose not to do so.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Find
Etrias Offline

Doesn't work. Nothing works.

And their contact page says "tech support questions will be ignored."
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017, 05:26 AM by Etrias.)
09-11-2017, 05:24 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

This is technically not a Technical Support question since it is to do with a refund. Technical Support implies there is something wrong with the game which requires fixing. Therefore, I assume that it would qualify as a reason to contact FG via that page.

In the very least, they tend not to check the forums as often anymore. At least by using the contact page, you're more likely to receive a response.

Despite this, I have also tried to note the developers of your problem in a separate subforum and have marked your post with a slightly higher priority value. I can't refund you, sadly, but I'm definitely trying to make the process as quick for you as possible!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017, 06:20 AM by Romulator.)
09-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Find
Etrias Offline

Thank you, I appreciate it.
09-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

Have you watched a Let's Play of the game and watched how someone did it successfully to make sure you were doing it right? (Sit in the chair, insert the Omnitool, etc.)

Here's Markiplier's version, timestamped to the part where he does it:

https://youtu.be/hBROUVB0Fc0?t=7m16s

10-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Find