Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make Custom Textures?
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9
How to make Custom Textures?

Ive been recently attempting to make a set of modified textures for a Custom Story im working on - As it is, i have a file in the story's folder, which contains the edited files, but i cant seem to get the retextured items to actually be appear retextured in the game.

Either im doing something wrong, or im not doing something at all

Any assistance is much appreciated
11-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82
RE: How to make Custom Textures?

(11-10-2010, 12:47 PM)Chilton Wrote: Ive been recently attempting to make a set of modified textures for a Custom Story im working on - As it is, i have a file in the story's folder, which contains the edited files, but i cant seem to get the retextured items to actually be appear retextured in the game.

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_1

Try following this and putting your texture files in the proper places in the storys folder. Also if you wish to use them you have to browse to the folder which contains those textures. If that doesn't work then i don't know.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
11-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Find
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9
RE: How to make Custom Textures?

(11-10-2010, 12:50 PM)Gamemakingdude Wrote:
(11-10-2010, 12:47 PM)Chilton Wrote: Ive been recently attempting to make a set of modified textures for a Custom Story im working on - As it is, i have a file in the story's folder, which contains the edited files, but i cant seem to get the retextured items to actually be appear retextured in the game.

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_1

Try following this and putting your texture files in the proper places in the storys folder. Also if you wish to use them you have to browse to the folder which contains those textures. If that doesn't work then i don't know.

This explains everything already - I was trying to Photoshop it, because i couldnt make the Material Editor work - Using the screenshot, i tweaked its settings. Im just going to pretend this never happened Smile

Thankyou kindly good sir!
11-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Find