Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
Myself
Unregistered

Not Solved Question  Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
Dear support,

I've just completed SOMA and I'm surprised how exactly I missed it in 2015, however, I'm having the following problem now, I can't launch SOMA on my HTC VIVE. Are there any plans to launch SOMA VR? I think this game fits perfectly
02-17-2018, 02:11 AM
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
Not Solved RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
It's unlikely that there are any plans to port the game to VR. It would take a lot of work to modify the graphics engine to support it, not to mention a complete overhaul of the camera and controls. In fact, the only FG game that does support VR is Penumbra, and that's only because FG opened up the source code and someone else did it.

02-17-2018, 08:19 AM
Find
kirakatve Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 10
Not Solved RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
Hi! It is actually possible to play the Amnesia Collection with 3rd party software, but for now Soma is unavailable for VR. It would be interesting to port our games for VR, but right now our other projects, including the new games and other ports, are taking priority. We'll keep everyone updated on Twitter and Facebook if/when it happens, though!

/Kat, Community Manager

Your friendly neighbour the community manager.
02-19-2018, 10:04 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.