Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia wont let me past the player name page
Flounderman Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Amnesia wont let me past the player name page

When I click through the guide that tells you how to enjoy the game everything works perfectly fine, but the moment I get to the part where you enter your name the mouse starts becoming unresponsive, it waits for a long while to register what I do with the mouse and when it does it jumps across the screen so I can never get the mouse anywhere I want it to. It also takes a very long time for it to register that I typed anything in the name field. Eventually after a good 5 minutes I was able to type my name and hit enter and it registered it, but even after spending another chunk of time getting the mouse to the button to start it up it wouldn't register my clicks and just started telling me "amnesia is not responding". The graphics and music are fine, but I can't do anything. I actually have to use the keyboard to open up the start bar to get out of the program and use task manager to close it. It just up and craps out on me the moment I get to the name menu. I thought maybe my computer just wasn't good enough even though I could play all the penumbra games perfectly on the normal settings. But I checked http://www.systemrequirementslab.com and it said I was well above the minimum requirements for the game so I don't see what the problem is? Maybe it's cause I got it off steam? Maybe system requirements is lying to me about my computer being good enough, they say I have a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 video card, 3 gigs of ram, windows 7, and 2.51 GHz cpu speed. Is that not good enough? I don't think that really matters if I haven't even gotten to the gameplay yet.

Anyways, that's the situation. I'd appreciate any help and will offer any additional information I can give.
11-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Find
davva Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia wont let me past the player name page

wall of text, i dont wanna read that it gives me a headache

try to reinstall it and/or update your drivers

11-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia wont let me past the player name page

6150SE is the bare minimum needed to run the game, systemrequiermentslab is not really a good place for information in this case as the specifications for Amnesia the have are incorrect.

Get the latest drivers from nvidia, uninstall your current driver, reboot and install the new driver. It's important you do it like this.

Then when you start the game, make sure to set the settings to Low in the Launcher and also set a really low resolution. After that you can see how well the game runs and in steps increase some settings again. Also, make sure to not have anything running in the background, like a browser ideling while playing or using the aero themes in Windows (if using 7 or Vista).
11-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Website Find