Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should I make it a full story?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, seems interesting
90.91%
10 90.91%
No, Its complete garbage
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My First Custom Map [BETA STAGE]
civilwo1f254 Offline

Threads: 1
My First Custom Map [BETA STAGE]

Well, since I was getting used to the tools I decided to test my skills at making a custom map and/or soon to be custom story. I have never made a map for any game before so its kinda newbish and barely scripted. I am hoping for help adding scares to it, so I am open to suggestions and how i can improve it.

The video and download:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fr0C0WQ6Kk
Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H7CK4ILB

I have put alot of work into this with my knowledge of map making and hoping to keep improving it and making better maps in the future.
Should I make it a full story?
If I decide to make it a full story the plot would be alot better
10-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: My First Custom Map [BETA STAGE]

Suggestion: Water monsters should stay in the water and not follow you up the stairs. XD

Also, the impression I get is that this is a nightmare? I can understand Daniel, given his situation, would be dreaming to no end of tinderboxes, but it's not quite as enjoyable when you cluster about ten of them together on top of a single dresser.

10-17-2010, 04:30 AM
Find
civilwo1f254 Offline

Threads: 1

(10-17-2010, 04:30 AM)Kurton Wrote: Suggestion: Water monsters should stay in the water and not follow you up the stairs. XD

Also, the impression I get is that this is a nightmare? I can understand Daniel, given his situation, would be dreaming to no end of tinderboxes, but it's not quite as enjoyable when you cluster about ten of them together on top of a single dresser.

I had the tinderboxes hidden but they would scatter all over the room and start bouncing up and down until you picked them up, so I decided to move them to a dry spot. I will see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback.
10-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

It looked OK, but not the best. It jumps into the action way too quick... but over all, you did try. It must be one of the first maps you ever made with this editor.

10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(10-17-2010, 04:01 AM)civilwo1f254 Wrote: Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H7CK4ILB

nice map!

seems it"s ended in room with candles and locked door to cell?
btw, it seems that water monster is more stupid, than was in original game..Rolleyes

keep up the good work!
10-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Find