Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Runtime Error R6025 every time I restart the game 2 times.
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25
Not Solved Exclamation  Runtime Error R6025 every time I restart the game 2 times.

My issue is as the following:

I cannot mod SOMA or test other mods through the Debug Mode because of Runtime Error R6025. When I want to override an existing script file (Making the game use the mod's script file instead of the game's script file, let's say, Player.hps), the game will use my version of said script file for the first 2 times. What does it mean? It means that if I open my map through the debug mode and restart the map (Pressing F5) 2 times, the game will suddenly use the original file instead of my new file, and if I exit the game at this point it will give me this error:

[Image: 6API8Pm.png] 

*Very Important Note: Even if I just copy the file and make zero changes to it, the problem will still occur.
It's really frustrating because every time that happens, the game won't use any of my custom modules or scripts, making it a nightmare to mod.

Also, it's not happening only with my mod, it happens with every mod that uses a custom script file that overrides the original script files from SOMA.
This Issue has already happened with 2 different computers.

Now, This is what I've been trying so far to fix the problem:
  • Reinstalled vcredist 2005 SP1, 2008, 2010, 2012 U4, 2013, 2017 (32- and 64-bit)
  • Installed Visual F# Runtime 2.0
  • Steam Integrity Check
  • Reinstalled SOMA
  • Updated Graphic Card Drivers
  • Updated Operation System
None of this fixed my problem. I have no idea what to do.
I added my mod's hpl.log file to this message.

If you want me to send a portion of my mod that includes every script file, I can send it too.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 8.32 KB / Downloads: 130)
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 11:49 AM by TiManGames.)
05-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19
Not Solved RE: Runtime Error R6025 every time I restart the game 2 times.

Hey! Cannot say what's going on from what I'm seeing. If you don't mind to set up some minimal mod that reproduces the issue I can look into it at some point.

EOF
05-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

(05-17-2018, 03:11 PM)Luis Wrote: Hey! Cannot say what's going on from what I'm seeing. If you don't mind to set up some minimal mod that reproduces the issue I can look into it at some point.

Here's the minimal mod:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=132n1Xj...3x2oMbBZDC

Also, in order to launch it through debug mode & make the game load the new modules and script files, you need to create in the main game folder a bat file with the following text:
start Soma.exe -mod C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SOMA\mods\TiManModSample\entry.hpc -map mods\TiManModSample\maps\features_tests\features_tests.hpm -user Dev -cfg config/main_init_dev.cfg

(Obviously, change the directory path if you need to.)

After that, launch it and the game should load the map in debug mode.
Then, restart the map 2-3 times (F5) and exit the game through the pause menu. This is when the error occurs.

Thanks a lot!
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 04:23 PM by TiManGames.)
05-17-2018, 04:22 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Update: my friend just tested it on his computer and guess what: He also gets that error. Which means it's probably a problem with the engine itself, not with my mod Tongue

This forum is dead
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 09:06 PM by TiManGames.)
05-18-2018, 09:05 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Did you have any chance to check it? I undertand if not, you guys are quite busy these days.

This forum is dead
06-20-2018, 10:48 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Super sorry Sad Haven't had the time to do it. Let's see if I can squeeze some time this week (bit tight but gonna try)

Also, late reply to your update: yeah, I was assuming it was an engine thingy. Me asking you for your project stuff is just being lucky and thankful you found a way to reproduce that is small and makes it break every time Smile

EOF
06-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

(06-25-2018, 12:21 PM)Luis Wrote: Super sorry Sad Haven't had the time to do it. Let's see if I can squeeze some time this week (bit tight but gonna try)

Also, late reply to your update: yeah, I was assuming it was an engine thingy. Me asking you for your project stuff is just being lucky and thankful you found a way to reproduce that is small and makes it break every time Smile

Thank you for the consideration despite being busy!!

This forum is dead
06-25-2018, 06:25 PM
Find